Author Topic: Seven years ago Kenyans were promised.....  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Seven years ago Kenyans were promised.....
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »
A country that is functional, but instead they got a country of filthy rich lying politicians, conniving religious leaders, a 50% plus unemployed or under employed, uneducated masses, a corrupt police force, a judiciary barely functioning, ethically challenged professionals/institutions, collapsing bridges, collapsing buildings, trashy street neighborhoods, mushrooming slums, unplanned cities, etc.

You would think that a country being led by youthful leaders would be better than this!!!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Seven years ago Kenyans were promised.....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:43:51 AM »
Very few of those things have anything to do with a book - constitution - or "values". Laws are a single input in a complex recipe. There is obsession with the one - and of course the aim of your thread is to lay the burden on politicians alone - while absolving yourself and Wanjiku.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »
Precisely. I am liking your depth nowadays. Meanwhile the search for the silver bullet continue as we heap blame one one group.
Very few of those things have anything to do with a book - constitution - or "values". Laws are a single input in a complex recipe. There is obsession with the one - and of course the aim of your thread is to lay the burden on politicians alone - while absolving yourself and Wanjiku.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
Promises from politicians mean very little when these politicians know little of hard work, millions of the subjects have to endure to show semblance of a functional state. The only thing that works is that the small time foragers who do meaningful productive work are the beasts of burden generating the taxes which the  politicians and the civil servants mess up with little services to show. The billions going to pay judges and lawyers to argue over this clause would be more meaningful if it went to free fertilizer program- this is one of the best way to feed the emaciated cow which everyone is fighting to milk. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
Miraculous promises are a non-issue. That's democracy. The west and other worlds were built through persistent smart work - Italian renaissance, etc - no great nation was built without economic quantum leaps - with lots of technology. Foraging the earth will never get us anywhere.

Promises from politicians mean very little when these politicians know little of hard work, millions of the subjects have to endure to show semblance of a functional state. The only thing that works is that the small time foragers who do meaningful productive work are the beasts of burden generating the taxes which the  politicians and the civil servants mess up with little services to show. The billions going to pay judges and lawyers to argue over this clause would be more meaningful if it went to free fertilizer program- this is one of the best way to feed the emaciated cow which everyone is fighting to milk.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »