Author Topic: Nobody is such important to Kenyans - Look senile Moi, Kibaki, Matiba  (Read 1115 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kenyans get over people so quickly. You won't say Moi, Kibaki and Matiba are still alive. Yaani nobody gives an f@$# about them!

Saitoti, Nkaisery - I sometimes can't believe our moving on speed. It seems such a cruel place - you are gone - people have to continue foraging.

You get senile, they steal your pension! if the big men get screwed, you can bet shooting a demonstrator is nothing to be given a thought.

An audit of OP accounts found that the ledger amount stood at Sh148.5 million while the payroll showed only Sh36.6 million had been paid out.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Presidency-spot-over-Kibaki-Moi-perks/539546-4140972-odlgip/

Building and serving evil system is similar to living with crocodiles and expecting them not to devour you because you fed them.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Nobody is such important to Kenyans - Look senile Moi, Kibaki, Matiba
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:43:11 AM »
These men you mention did nothing worth our memory. Do good - like say Wangari Maathai - and the Nobel Prize is historical enough. Wealth, fame or power alone cannot mark history. Solutions that serve millions are indelible.

There is no Kenyan worth a statue at present.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »
Even Wangari Maathai nobody remembers her, except when she gets occasional mention in international media. I am certain there is going to be  a wave of Karura Forest excision soon just like it the building in wetlands which she was fighting are being finalised.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
Even Wangari Maathai nobody remembers her, except when she gets occasional mention in international media. I am certain there is going to be  a wave of Karura Forest excision soon just like it the building in wetlands which she was fighting are being finalised.

My point is she did a social good selflessly. The measure of her efforts is a mere Nobel Prize - the first for Kenya and 5th or 6th for Africa. She will be mentioned oftener, longer than Moi or Jomo in the international media.

Of course she is dead and it all means nothing to her. But we might have 0% forest cover by now if Prof Maathai never was around. Complete with a skyscraper at Uhuru Park.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
These men you mention did nothing worth our memory. Do good - like say Wangari Maathai - and the Nobel Prize is historical enough. Wealth, fame or power alone cannot mark history. Solutions that serve millions are indelible.

There is no Kenyan worth a statue at present.

Agreed. In this world, its how you make people feel about themselves, not the wealth, or fame. Mandela, Gandhi, Wangari, JM Kariuki, etc will be remembered many years after death. People like Moi are forgotten as soon as dirt covers them.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »
Uhuru Park should be renamed to Wangari Maathai Park. She alone saved it from destruction after Moi wanted to build the 60m stutue of himself in the park.