Author Topic: Raila once again throw self-declared NRM general Miguna Miguna under the bus.  (Read 2254 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
We can predict how the mentally unstable Magunia Magunia will react. With venom. And he'll end up where he was before he latched onto NRM. Isolated.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Raila-dismisses-Miguna-claims-on-David-Ndii-Norman-Magaya/1056-4311006-jxsktoz/index.html

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Not at all. MM needs to respect and work with NASA strategists even if he's right and not throw them under the bus over disagreements or because they think MM's a nutcase. It'll take time for NASA as a coalition to accept & respect MM. Noone wants to see a repeat of that Caroli debacle.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Not at all. MM needs to respect and work with NASA strategists even if he's right and not throw them under the bus over disagreements or because they think MM's a nutcase. It'll take time for NASA as a coalition to accept & respect MM. Noone wants to see a repeat of that Caroli debacle.

And naivety.  Miguna lacks discipline and cannot function on a team.  You just need to check his twitter feed.  As Kadame says, textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

The smart thing for NASA is to distance themselves even if gradually from him.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Miguna is what a politician is like without a filter. I interprete his narcissistic textbook bellowings as his style in the public eye. Much in the same way Raila adopts a prophetic style with his visions of Canaan etc. I think with time, people will get used to Miguna's style which I believe resonates with millennials. The political landscape has changed, it's no longer cordial. Miguna is someone who'd tell Trump to piss off and the thought of that gives millenials like me a great sense of satisfaction. He's saavy and ridiculous with his bellowings yet still strategic and sober. Charismatic in a I don't give a s* if I offend you.

Raila reminds me of Hillary Clinton - people feel obligated to vote for him because he's superior but he no longer represents the change the younger generation are after whereas watching Miguna's NRM followers - saavy millenials, youth, even I wanted to join. It's inspiring to observe.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Miguna is what a politician is like without a filter. I interprete his narcissistic textbook bellowings as his style in the public eye. Much in the same way Raila adopts a prophetic style with his visions of Canaan etc. I think with time, people will get used to Miguna's style which I believe resonates with millennials. The political landscape has changed, it's no longer cordial. Miguna is someone who'd tell Trump to piss off and the thought of that gives millenials like me a great sense of satisfaction. He's saavy and ridiculous with his bellowings yet still strategic and sober. Charismatic in a I don't give a s* if I offend you.

Raila reminds me of Hillary Clinton - people feel obligated to vote for him because he's superior but he no longer represents the change the younger generation are after whereas watching Miguna's NRM followers - saavy millenials, youth, even I wanted to join. It's inspiring to observe.

This Miguna doing this doesn't scare you, then I don't know what does:

:D

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
veritas has a point concerning Miguna and millennials. Sadly the sensationalism is not enough to lead a movement. Takes a maturity and staying power which is what old boring Raila Odinga has.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline veritas

• Enigma
I guess the irony is MM's a pacifist... is that a snapchat filter?

• Enigma
veritas has a point concerning Miguna and millennials. Sadly the sensationalism is not enough to lead a movement. Takes a maturity and staying power which is what old boring Raila Odinga has.

Nope.  Miguna has zero political instincts.  There is twitter and there is the real world.  I admire how veritas is sanitizing a well known mental disorder as some sort of political savvy.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Good analysis Veri.  It shocks the conscience of  the non-millennials like I  even as we watch with horror/cautious optimism/and dire predictions all at the same time .   

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Not as leader of a movement but as an important faction in a movement which someone else has to lead. During the struggle for independence, the colonialists decided to talk to the political leaders and therefore dealt a blow to the armed struggle although that is where the pressure for them to talk originally  came from. Once in power, Jomo then dealt with Mau Mau very decisively and we never heard from them again.  By refusing to deal with Raila, Ourutu will end up dealing with these Millennials who have absolutely nothing to lose.

Nope.  Miguna has zero political instincts.  There is twitter and there is the real world.  I admire how veritas is sanitizing a well known mental disorder as some sort of political savvy.

• Enigma
Not as leader of a movement but as an important faction in a movement which someone else has to lead. During the struggle for independence, the colonialists decided to talk to the political leaders and therefore dealt a blow to the armed struggle although that is where the pressure for them to talk originally  came from. Once in power, Jomo then dealt with Mau Mau very decisively and we never heard from them again.  By refusing to deal with Raila, Ourutu will end up dealing with these Millennials who have absolutely nothing to lose.

I agree to some extent, that Raila is a moderating influence.  Perhaps preventing someone worse with less to lose from taking over the opposition.  That something worse is is not Miguna.  And this has nothing to do with his personality.  Just the lack of people willing to put their lives on the line for him.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Miguna is not a jubilee mole.  The problem is not Miguna but Kenyan politics of deceit on both sides. The millenials are warming up to Miguna's truthfulness and he may just win their hearts.  He is probably just a little a head of his time but the millennials may just catch up with him especially those in opposition zones who are impatient and tired of lies.  His straight forward utterances are very refreshing but it makes people uncomfortable because truth usually does. The biggest complaint I have always heard about Miguna is not that he is lying but that he is telling too much truth and that this is not good for politics.

Miguna is a Jubilee mole NASA claims. Let wait for Miguna Miguna to throw a tantrum.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001270492/western-leaders-accuse-miguna-of-creating-divisions-in-nasa-claim-he-is-a-mole

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
You're right. But remember the last time Miguna tried telling Raila the truth and he was made persona non-grata even in his Ahero backyard. Miguna just like you is a naive to imagine NASA or Raila are any better than say UhuRuto. They are all politicians who just lie "by nature". What we need is effective politician who can get some shiet done and UhuRuto are definitely better than Raila on that count.
Miguna is not a jubilee mole.  The problem is not Miguna but Kenyan politics of deceit on both sides. The millenials are warming up to Miguna's truthfulness and he may just win their hearts.  He is probably just a little a head of his time but the millennials may just catch up with him especially those in opposition zones who are impatient and tired of lies.  His straight forward utterances are very refreshing but it makes people uncomfortable because truth usually does. The biggest complaint I have always heard about Miguna is not that he is lying but that he is telling too much truth and that this is not good for politics.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
I understand all that and that is why I said, he is a head of his time, but the Millennial's may be taking a second look at him. When he was deported recently the same millenialls who burned his effigy, staged riots and three of them were killed. Organic movements are very unpredictable. If Raila did not show up on January 30th as the other principles advised him, he would be in a very bad shape today. Kalonzo,Weta and Mdvd, are spending a lot of money right now repackaging themselves, buying support and trying to make themselves relevant again. The movement is not only dangerous to Jubilee but also to NASA leaders who are moderate. Being moderate is a bad word in the movement and leaders are competing to be more radical than they really are. While some are reinventing themselves and look uncomfortable, Miguna is at home and that is why you cannot wish him away too quickly this time around.

You're right. But remember the last time Miguna tried telling Raila the truth and he was made persona non-grata even in his Ahero backyard. Miguna just like you is a naive to imagine NASA or Raila are any better than say UhuRuto. They are all politicians who just lie "by nature". What we need is effective politician who can get some shiet done and UhuRuto are definitely better than Raila on that count.