Author Topic: The 2018 World's Most Innovative Companies  (Read 942 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The 2018 World's Most Innovative Companies
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:26:33 AM »
Netflix and Spotify are big kahuna... breaking into hardware territory after gobbling entertainment. Lotsa other startups too. SpaceX ofcourse.

https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2018

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: The 2018 World's Most Innovative Companies
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
How is SpaceX innovative? The first space rocket was launched more than 50 years ago, mission to Mars since the Bush administration. Oh I must've misunderstood. Innovative in marketing like attaching a toy car/mannequin on a rocket at the risk of OHS hazards. It's as ridiculous as MM's snap filter.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
Goddess, innovation means doing more for less. Rocket reusability for a fraction of the cost. Launching a satellite used to be $200m now 60m... and the breakneck pace of the tech advancements too. What people don't get is the effort - talent and cahsburn - it takes to advance such hitec. That's proper leadership we have there. SpaceX is it for me.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Netflix is dead
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »
Goddess, innovation means doing more for less. Rocket reusability for a fraction of the cost. Launching a satellite used to be $200m now 60m... and the breakneck pace of the tech advancements too. What people don't get is the effort - talent and cahsburn - it takes to advance such hitec. That's proper leadership we have there. SpaceX is it for me.

I'm povo NOT a goddess. I don't have a Ms Chevy to drive me around nor have the luxury of licking an icecrem. Today I spent a good half hour admiring the glorious sweet buns tantalising me from the glass display.. and realised how fcked up the world was. Then I went for a massage where she basically groped my back - I'd asked for a head massage. Could she not see where my head was? She was so unskilled I told her to back off and I still feel molested from that experience. I see that with SpaceX - unskilled & inexperienced - they're basically molesting consumers but consumers who haven't had a massage before think that's innovation. They go through this groping, sad sadism as some pack survival mechanism from the loss of Steve Jobs. Squinting hard to find patterns out of nothing.. make some semblance of the future when in actual fact it's just a self reaction from not ever being touched before. Innovation is a gift from the gods and not something born out of frugality. Cheap has consequences. My dear Robina, please don't fall for the hype. At least Apple has returns, what has SpaceX done for you?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 02:56:20 PM »
Aaight veri. We know Mother Nature is the driver of progress regardless that men brag of achievement. This does not stop us from trying. Personally I think the byproducts of the Spacex Mars mission is a real benefit. Like the satellite-beamed internet to cover remote places - ultrahigh bandwidth without a telco infrastructure 8)

And all those companies sending service & research satellites to orbit at the SpaceX discounted rate. That's progress.

I disagree that you're a povo :) too cool and learned for that.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 03:20:19 PM »
The reason these companies excite me is not even so much their value to their economies, but rather the symbolic what could be - if the almighty Safaricom or KCB or Equitel woke up and got a clue.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:23:26 AM »
Netflix and Spotify are big kahuna... breaking into hardware territory after gobbling entertainment. Lotsa other startups too. SpaceX ofcourse.

https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2018

Nice.  Most of these are  about to be undone by blockchain start-up businesses.   Space x might possibly survive.