Author Topic: Throat Cancer in Bomet  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Throat Cancer in Bomet
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »
They did not mention epidemiological trends...

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/health/article/2001262868/scientists-link-high-rate-of-throat-cancer-to-local-soils

Offline bimnji

• VIP
Re: Throat Cancer in Bomet
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »
That article didnt make too much sense. Is it high selenium or low selenium that put people at risk?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:39:39 PM »
That article didnt make too much sense. Is it high selenium or low selenium that put people at risk?
Bimnji
Good to see ya!
An former RCB member.

From the article, one can tell the writer is not versed in writing scientific literature.

Offline bimnji

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »
Good to see you too! Many people from old rcb changed their monikers when they moved over except a few of us.
Journalism in kenya is full of disappointment nobody ever edits or verifies information #fakenews#junkscience

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:28:16 PM »
Possibly true in my home area. They need to check for goiter - possibly low iodine - low selenium.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 05:16:06 PM »
I am yet to understand why there is no public outrage or talk all over despite this cancer thing ravaging all villages.
Also that it is attacking even old women who haven't had much of processed foods.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
Should be outrage in my place esp Konoin - I know many young people - most young ladies - including my relatives who lost live due throat cancer. I am glad they are nailing the cause. Now we need to get selenium and idioine supplement to the people.
I am yet to understand why there is no public outrage or talk all over despite this cancer thing ravaging all villages.
Also that it is attacking even old women who haven't had much of processed foods.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
Should be outrage in my place esp Konoin - I know many young people - most young ladies - including my relatives who lost live due throat cancer. I am glad they are nailing the cause. Now we need to get selenium and idioine supplement to the people.

First, a need for epidemiological studies.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 08:07:19 PM »
But even for the likes of more virulent Ebola we work as per the situation.

First, a need for epidemiological studies.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution