Author Topic: Kiambu new employment requirement  (Read 2002 times)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kiambu new employment requirement
« on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
Instead of focusing on attracting new investments kiambu decides to "compel" companies and public institutions to hire 70% from locals i.e someone born in kiambu.  This is a bonehead decision that won't increase employment  to the so called locals. http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/counties/Kiambu-passes-law-compelling-firms-to-hire-70pc-locals/4003142-4228730-26ih1lz/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kiambu new employment requirement
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
Just avenue for county officials to get bribes as they go to factories to ensure enforcement. The same thing that labour officials do as they enforce safety and all sort of rules.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
Just avenue for county officials to get bribes as they go to factories to ensure enforcement. The same thing that labour officials do as they enforce safety and all sort of rules.

Extractive society. No surprises there.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:08 PM »
What does national law say?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
I have repeatedly heard this ignoramus Waititu and Mandago mouth off their ignorance that public universities are county institutions and must hire "local". Even the County Act's 30% clauses only covers county government offices - not private enterprise. The courts should swiftly knock off the nonsense.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 06:50:30 PM »
I have repeatedly heard this ignoramus Waititu and Mandago mouth off their ignorance that public universities are county institutions and must hire "local". Even the County Act's 30% clauses only covers county government offices - not private enterprise. The courts should swiftly knock off the nonsense.

Tribalism taken to the next level.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »

Tribalism taken to the next level.

Exactly.

Secession: Coastal strip belongs to all Kenyans, Mt Kenya group tells Joho and Kingi

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 09:53:24 AM »
It's funny the Kikuyu believe they should live and invest countrywide but pass tribal always in their own backyards.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
I see Joho too believes Nairobi is "cosmopolitan" but not Mombasa  8)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
It's funny the Kikuyu believe they should live and invest countrywide but pass tribal always in their own backyards.
This is kiambu MCA and their stupid governor. I don't think such laws will be replicated in other kikuyu counties. Already serious kiuks that employ people like MKU owner https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/12/16/mku-faults-kiambu-assembly-for-passing-motion-compelling-fi-rms-to_c1685706 are against it.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »

Quite.  Recently I was over in uthiru with a "businessman" inspecting his lavish construction.  I was surprised when he nonchalantly declared that it was impossible for a non local to purchase land for development in the area.  This "nationalist" and "patriot" was quite proud of this set up.  Chances are he exercises his full right to freedom of movement when it comes to claiming the nation.

Thieving bastards.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 10:35:08 PM »
This is what bad policy does. It makes people gloat. Taxing these riches and using the taxes to build better roads will make others feel worth, otherwise let gloaters run the day.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »
The law makes sense for low to non-skilled professions.  Watu wa mkono.  You cannot justify importing such labor.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman