Author Topic: One ICC Witness Down  (Read 37442 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
One ICC Witness Down
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:34:01 PM »
The real mystery for me.  What are these witnesses smoking?  and I know vooke disagrees, but the moment you become a witness against a man facing those types of charges, you want to create some daylight(a decent chunk of timezones preferrably) between yourself and the domain in which he operates.

This fellow did not even bother to leave the vicinity of Uasin Gishu.  He earns my first Darwin Award nomination for 2015 by a prohibitive margin.
Nairobi - An ICC witness has been found dead in Eldoret, close to a week after mysteriously disappearing.

Meshack Yebei disappeared from his home near Turbo on 28 December 2014 and was found dead Friday 2 January 2015 in a mortuary.

Yebei disappeared in Turbo after he allegedly went to look for drinking water for his child and days after his family reported his disappearance to police, his body was found in a thicket on the banks of River Yala many kilometers from his home.

Yebei was an outspoken voice against injustices that took place during the post election violence in 2008 and was nit shy on speaking matters ICC.
http://www.news24.co.ke/MyNews24/ICC-witness-mysteriously-found-dead-20150104
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: One ICC Witness Down
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
The formula worked for Uhuru and Muthaura.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:59:24 AM »
Isn't this too late for WSR; OTP are concluding their case. This indeed look like a hit.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
Negro was taken out no doubt.
I first read about his disappearance from Logan on .com. What struck me first is what he was doing with his family instead of being holed up in a European capital.

And then something curious as I watched the news yesterday. A relative went like, "Alikuwa UPANDE wetu sio huo mwingine...."

Next is on this article he claims to have been threatened as early as September. isn't that a long time for Bensouda to neglect their witness?

So, exactly what was he? an intermediary, recanting witness, and on WHOSE side was he a witness?
The real mystery for me.  What are these witnesses smoking?  and I know vooke disagrees, but the moment you become a witness against a man facing those types of charges, you want to create some daylight(a decent chunk of timezones preferrably) between yourself and the domain in which he operates.

This fellow did not even bother to leave the vicinity of Uasin Gishu.  He earns my first Darwin Award nomination for 2015 by a prohibitive margin.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:09:25 PM »
Negro was taken out no doubt.
I first read about his disappearance from Logan on .com. What struck me first is what he was doing with his family instead of being holed up in a European capital.

And then something curious as I watched the news yesterday. A relative went like, "Alikuwa UPANDE wetu sio huo mwingine...."

Next is on this article he claims to have been threatened as early as September. isn't that a long time for Bensouda to neglect their witness?

So, exactly what was he? an intermediary, recanting witness, and on WHOSE side was he a witness?

I have no idea what kind of witness he was.  I have seen snippets of an SMS exchange suggesting he was an OTP witness.  Under similar circumstances, insisting he was for the "good" guys seems like the prudent thing to do.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
WSR should play safe or risk everything.

Here is a far fetched analogy:

Ferdinand Marcos wife and driver organized to kill Senator Aquino. Marcos, a political wizard, had decided to let Senator Aquino return to further divide the opposition.

The wife thought differently. She believed Aquino was a danger to the husband's position. They had Aquino shot at point blank range while disembarking from the plane. All hell broke loose!

Where in life the Senator would have divided the opposition to Marcos' advantage, in death he unified it and now posed a real threat to Marcos.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »
Those messages were sent AFTER he went missing and they were clearly meant to stall the investigation into his disappearance.
A sane man with a sick kid will not just walk away like that. So I doubt he went to UG to meet his handlers.

What am pointing out is the whole thing is quite inconclusive and is not the smoking gun for disappearing witnesses
I have no idea what kind of witness he was.  I have seen snippets of an SMS exchange suggesting he was an OTP witness.  Under similar circumstances, insisting he was for the "good" guys seems like the prudent thing to do.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
Those messages were sent AFTER he went missing and they were clearly meant to stall the investigation into his disappearance.
A sane man with a sick kid will not just walk away like that. So I doubt he went to UG to meet his handlers.

What am pointing out is the whole thing is quite inconclusive and is not the smoking gun for disappearing witnesses
vooke,

I have just seen an Itumbi tweet doing rounds sent in 2011 about him.  I'll now need to see a compelling reason why he would be anything but a prosecution witness.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »
I have just seen an Itumbi tweet doing rounds sent in 2011 about him.  I'll now need to see a compelling reason why he would be anything but a prosecution witness.
What are you waiting for? Give me the link. Itumbi is fair game.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »

Termie, Itumbi APPEARS to quote a letter to one Wainaina on this. My take is the negro was a probable prosecution witness but he pulled out and was convinced to testify for Ruto. What business did he have in Kenia?
vooke,

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »
What are you waiting for? Give me the link. Itumbi is fair game.
Omollo,

My device is incovenient for making links.  I think vooke has linked it.

@vooke,

His "sly and troublesome" nature might have caught up with him.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 04:54:30 PM »
It would appear the man was tortured and then killed. 

If as vooke suggests, the "sly and troublesome" witness had switched sides.  Now batting for the hustler.  Given that Walter Osipiri is fighting tooth and nail to not clear his name at the Hague.  In Yebei's "sly and troublesome" wisdom, did he suddenly raise the stakes? 

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »
Termie,
We was right on the money; negro had some serious counter offer. 'he RETURNED'. Returned from some Vague/USAID funded safe house

Press Release : 06/01/2015

ICC deeply concerned with reported death of Mr Meshack Yebei; stands ready to assist Kenyan investigations

ICC-CPI-20150106-PR1081

The International Criminal Court (ICC) expresses its deep regret at the reported abduction and violent death of Mr Meshack Yebei. Mr Yebei was allegedly abducted on 28 December 2014 and found dead on 2 January 2015.

Mr Yebei was not on the Prosecution witness list nor was he in contact with Prosecution staff at the time of his abduction.

"While local authorities are conducting further examination, the family of Mr Yebei has confirmed the identity of his body. We express our profound condolences to the family", stated Herman von Hebel, ICC Registrar. "The Court is profoundly concerned by this grave reported incident. It stands ready to provide the local authorities with any assistance, if required, in their investigations. Ensuring the safety and security of witnesses is a cornerstone of fair trials", he added.

While the ICC Registry had offered Mr Yebei security measures, including a safe residency in a new location, he returned to Eldoret where the incident reportedly took place. The ICC Registry is in contact with Kenyan authorities, seeking further information on the investigative steps taken at the national level.

The ICC remains strongly committed to the safety, security and well-being of all witnesses and relies on cooperation from States parties for the adequate protection of witnesses. Currently, more than 650 witnesses, victims and families' members are provided with protective measures by the Court.
http://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/press%20and%20media/press%20releases/Pages/pr1082.aspx

Three or so probable causes;
1. Souda attempted to get him back again on her side. Ruto gets wind of this and effs him
2. GEMA mafia badly wanting Ruto in dispatched him to increase chances of a Ruto conviction
3. Souda and crew are terrified of what he will say once he is in the dock and they preempt this
4. Negro was involved with some bad people, Sicilian mafia grade who never hesitated to dispatch him after extracting some valuable information from him
5. Satanism--ritual killing

1. Killing the negro where it is widely known that he was your witness is extremely boneheaded. Such can only be triggered by a real threat of him running back to Souda or something

2. Very plausible except am least convinced that GEMA are morons; they barely got past the 50% mark WITH Ruto and there is NOBODY who can herd RV better than him. Don't even mention Gideon. That's so retarded. They may have attempted to nail him but this was LONG before Ouruto came together. I would not project the past on the present

3. When Souda wanted barasa, they tried to get him to UG first. They clearly know the limits of operating in the extremely hostile environment called Kenia. This is not Souda

4. Bad people don't butcher villagers

5. Nonsense

If as vooke suggests, the "sly and troublesome" witness had switched sides.  Now batting for the hustler.  Given that Walter Osipiri is fighting tooth and nail to not clear his name at the Hague.  In Yebei's "sly and troublesome" wisdom, did he suddenly raise the stakes? 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »
I't upon Ruto as DP of Gov to find out who killed Yebei Meshack otherwise it's safe to assume the GoK had a role in this.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 01:15:36 AM »
Termie,
We was right on the money; negro had some serious counter offer. 'he RETURNED'. Returned from some Vague/USAID funded safe house

Press Release : 06/01/2015

ICC deeply concerned with reported death of Mr Meshack Yebei; stands ready to assist Kenyan investigations

ICC-CPI-20150106-PR1081

The International Criminal Court (ICC) expresses its deep regret at the reported abduction and violent death of Mr Meshack Yebei. Mr Yebei was allegedly abducted on 28 December 2014 and found dead on 2 January 2015.

Mr Yebei was not on the Prosecution witness list nor was he in contact with Prosecution staff at the time of his abduction.

"While local authorities are conducting further examination, the family of Mr Yebei has confirmed the identity of his body. We express our profound condolences to the family", stated Herman von Hebel, ICC Registrar. "The Court is profoundly concerned by this grave reported incident. It stands ready to provide the local authorities with any assistance, if required, in their investigations. Ensuring the safety and security of witnesses is a cornerstone of fair trials", he added.

While the ICC Registry had offered Mr Yebei security measures, including a safe residency in a new location, he returned to Eldoret where the incident reportedly took place. The ICC Registry is in contact with Kenyan authorities, seeking further information on the investigative steps taken at the national level.

The ICC remains strongly committed to the safety, security and well-being of all witnesses and relies on cooperation from States parties for the adequate protection of witnesses. Currently, more than 650 witnesses, victims and families' members are provided with protective measures by the Court.
http://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/press%20and%20media/press%20releases/Pages/pr1082.aspx

Three or so probable causes;
1. Souda attempted to get him back again on her side. Ruto gets wind of this and effs him
2. GEMA mafia badly wanting Ruto in dispatched him to increase chances of a Ruto conviction
3. Souda and crew are terrified of what he will say once he is in the dock and they preempt this
4. Negro was involved with some bad people, Sicilian mafia grade who never hesitated to dispatch him after extracting some valuable information from him
5. Satanism--ritual killing

1. Killing the negro where it is widely known that he was your witness is extremely boneheaded. Such can only be triggered by a real threat of him running back to Souda or something

2. Very plausible except am least convinced that GEMA are morons; they barely got past the 50% mark WITH Ruto and there is NOBODY who can herd RV better than him. Don't even mention Gideon. That's so retarded. They may have attempted to nail him but this was LONG before Ouruto came together. I would not project the past on the present

3. When Souda wanted barasa, they tried to get him to UG first. They clearly know the limits of operating in the extremely hostile environment called Kenia. This is not Souda

4. Bad people don't butcher villagers

5. Nonsense

Yebei might have become too smart for his own good.  He must have momentarily thought he enjoys impunity.  I think we are agreed, the killer(s) will never be known.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:36 AM »
It looks like Dennis Itumbi has pulled down the offending tweet exposing Yebei https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23leakedmails%20%23haguetruth.

This search engine somehow brings it up through the cache though http://topsy.com/s?q=%23HagueTruth%20%23leakedmails&maxtime=1420648378.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 06:13:54 AM »
Bensouda reiterates her office's willingness to assist GoK in its investigation of Yebei's murder.  Yep.  She has this curious notion.  That GoK are interested in solving the case. 

She says Yebei was a key cog in witness interference.  She links him to Walter Barasa.
The Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) reiterates its condolences to the family of Mr. Meshak Yebei.  Every loss of life is a unique and profound tragedy for the family that is left to mourn.  The perpetrators of this heinous crime must swiftly and decisively be brought to justice.  The Office of the Prosecutor reiterates its willingness to assist the competent authorities of the Republic of Kenya, as appropriate, to effectively investigate the circumstances of Mr. Yebei's death.
http://icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/press%20and%20media/press%20releases/Pages/otp-stat-09-01-2015.aspx

Harriet Tubman

Offline TrueRV

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »
see also
http://nipate.com/post424540.html#p424540

To: ndungu.wainaina@gmail.com
> Cc: nwainaina@icpcafrica.org
Sent: 9.2.'11,  17:02

Greetings Wainaina,
How are things with you. we would like to inform you that the witness namely: MESHACK YEBEI has been a sly and troublesome witness to PEV case. we came to this conclusion as he never testified to Waki nor the Kenya National Human Rights Commission. he only appeared on a 10 minutes video documentary which was conducted initially by the American Human Rights watch AHRW  in the year 2008 with 6 others.  AHRW report was then publicized in the media and my then ED Koros received threats and he was assisted by the coalition on human rights defenders protection desk.

Immediately after Koros had received the protection Meshack and 6 others ganged up and started alledging that Koros has used their evidence for Monetary gains. They never knew that he was under protection hence accusing him of being the traitor. we persevered and come 1 year later, we secured funds from USAID and SWISS EMBASSY  in order to protect more witnesses who had reported their fears ,threats and intimidation in our office like them.

Because the list was so long, and the USAID wanted 4 people and the SWISS EMBASSY 5 people, we chose not to accommodate them because of their conduct and suspicion. Meshack and the rest continued to express their fears but Koros would not support these claims.

In Mid last year Koros was absorbed by the ICC and since I was left alone in the office I chose to assist them  on Humanitarian grounds. little did I know that they will again turn against me. Now I took initiative of fowarding their names to USAID in September and the process reached at an advanced stage. Later everything was scuttled by 2 men, BARAZA and RONO who surbotaged  everything. Now due to this, the USAID cancelled the program and fowarded the same names to the coalition of Human rights defender, Meshack was interviewed by Ignatius Ambasa in November last year (2010); He was advised to be patient as his issues are being processed.

Now Meshack was not convinced by turn of events and what I told him about the USAID winding the program. He immediately ganged up with Rono and Sammy Koech and a series of meetings were held with inclusion of Rutos Advocate, Advocate Katwa. and the personal assistant to Ruto Mr. Keitany. The strategy was on how to convince other witnesses left by the ICC to Join their camp  and how best they can tackle the ICC witnesses.
A final meeting was later held at AMACO offices in Nairobi where Meshack, Rono, Sammy and Seven Others were invited to discuss the issue with Honourable Ruto. This was on 17th-19th January 2011. Meshack led prayers in the office (he is regarded as pastor at home) and also issued opening remarks.The 7 others were drawn from various counties in rift Valley. They were told to recant their statements which were taken by Advocate Katwa and each signed his statement. They were rewarded with some amount and Hon Ruto advised them to look for others and that he will arrange for a major meeting at his home in Surgoi to cement their relationships and tell people to accept these people back to the community.
We are yet to see.

These details were unveiled to my office by HELLEN CHEBET who was one of the people whose views were also documented by the AHRW and somebody by the name Caleb, whom Meshack had contacted advising them to follow his suit.  Upon

Meshack realizing that I have gotten the details they started waging war to me and the office, to the extent of threatening to close it down in a few months time. he was alleging that we are not here to assist, but to corn people and use their statements to source money, reason being that he was not given protection. So far the office has assisted Hellen to secure protection from the coalition of human rights defenders. Caleb on is part has since pulled out and he does not want to be associated with PEV issues any longer. He is living a quiet life.

Owing to the above, I do request that his fate be sealed completely once and for all. He is a dangerous character.

Regards,
Abubakar
Centre Against Torture
ELDORET

Offline obienga

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »
see also
http://nipate.com/post424540.html#p424540

To: ndungu.wainaina@gmail.com
> Cc: nwainaina@icpcafrica.org
Sent: 9.2.'11,  17:02

Greetings Wainaina,
How are things with you. we would like to inform you that the witness namely: MESHACK YEBEI has been a sly and troublesome witness to PEV case. we came to this conclusion as he never testified to Waki nor the Kenya National Human Rights Commission. he only appeared on a 10 minutes video documentary which was conducted initially by the American Human Rights watch AHRW  in the year 2008 with 6 others.  AHRW report was then publicized in the media and my then ED Koros received threats and he was assisted by the coalition on human rights defenders protection desk.

Immediately after Koros had received the protection Meshack and 6 others ganged up and started alledging that Koros has used their evidence for Monetary gains. They never knew that he was under protection hence accusing him of being the traitor. we persevered and come 1 year later, we secured funds from USAID and SWISS EMBASSY  in order to protect more witnesses who had reported their fears ,threats and intimidation in our office like them.

Because the list was so long, and the USAID wanted 4 people and the SWISS EMBASSY 5 people, we chose not to accommodate them because of their conduct and suspicion. Meshack and the rest continued to express their fears but Koros would not support these claims.

In Mid last year Koros was absorbed by the ICC and since I was left alone in the office I chose to assist them  on Humanitarian grounds. little did I know that they will again turn against me. Now I took initiative of fowarding their names to USAID in September and the process reached at an advanced stage. Later everything was scuttled by 2 men, BARAZA and RONO who surbotaged  everything. Now due to this, the USAID cancelled the program and fowarded the same names to the coalition of Human rights defender, Meshack was interviewed by Ignatius Ambasa in November last year (2010); He was advised to be patient as his issues are being processed.

Now Meshack was not convinced by turn of events and what I told him about the USAID winding the program. He immediately ganged up with Rono and Sammy Koech and a series of meetings were held with inclusion of Rutos Advocate, Advocate Katwa. and the personal assistant to Ruto Mr. Keitany. The strategy was on how to convince other witnesses left by the ICC to Join their camp  and how best they can tackle the ICC witnesses.
A final meeting was later held at AMACO offices in Nairobi where Meshack, Rono, Sammy and Seven Others were invited to discuss the issue with Honourable Ruto. This was on 17th-19th January 2011. Meshack led prayers in the office (he is regarded as pastor at home) and also issued opening remarks.The 7 others were drawn from various counties in rift Valley. They were told to recant their statements which were taken by Advocate Katwa and each signed his statement. They were rewarded with some amount and Hon Ruto advised them to look for others and that he will arrange for a major meeting at his home in Surgoi to cement their relationships and tell people to accept these people back to the community.
We are yet to see.

These details were unveiled to my office by HELLEN CHEBET who was one of the people whose views were also documented by the AHRW and somebody by the name Caleb, whom Meshack had contacted advising them to follow his suit.  Upon

Meshack realizing that I have gotten the details they started waging war to me and the office, to the extent of threatening to close it down in a few months time. he was alleging that we are not here to assist, but to corn people and use their statements to source money, reason being that he was not given protection. So far the office has assisted Hellen to secure protection from the coalition of human rights defenders. Caleb on is part has since pulled out and he does not want to be associated with PEV issues any longer. He is living a quiet life.

Owing to the above, I do request that his fate be sealed completely once and for all. He is a dangerous character.

Regards,
Abubakar
Centre Against Torture
ELDORET

TrueRV,

I am unable to visit the link.  What is this supposed to be?

Harriet Tubman