Author Topic: My first puppy: A little black shih tzu  (Read 5535 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
My first puppy: A little black shih tzu
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »
Wasn't actually a chihuahua.

My shih tzu's face was hidden from so much fur so I had to give him a hair cut. Mind you I was 10 years old and recall snipping the fur offa his face when my folks were out of the house. I thought I did a good job. My folks didn't notice. Actually.. my dad remarked the "thing" has eyes.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: My first puppy: A little black shih tzu
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:14 PM »
Dogs are cute animals.
I always wonder what thoughts run through their minds throughout they lives, not just dogs but all animals
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:52:04 PM »
I know exactly what goes through my babies brains (I have two, 8 toes each). When they need to feed, walk, pee, cuddle, kiss, play etc.

Do you have a dog Vooke ?

A nice article: http://mic.com/articles/104474/brain-scans-reveal-what-dogs-really-think-of-us

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:22:17 AM »
Veritas
I don't have a dog with me but my relations do and I pride me in bonding with the wildest of them in minutes. I just get along with animals. It's so much fun Putting the angry and agitated ones at ease. And don't I just love the wet and cold nose their long smooth tongue....

Interesting article but it is lying
Dogs are also the only non-primate animal to look people in the eyes.

I have had this cat that used to eyeball me all the time. It was a crazy cat that would happily sink its fangs and claws on my skin all in the name of playing. You know how animals bite 'without biting'? But he was royal to a fault. Sadly some neighbor dogs attacked and killed him :-\
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:34:41 AM »
I'm absolutely terrified of dogs. I used to be of cats too, but then I raised one from a kitten and discovered what I used to think nuts before...the love of an animal. When my beloved furry one died, it totally broke my heart. I told my friends and they laughed at me. People who haven't raised an animal do not understand that its possible to genuinely love an animal. They have a "personality", they know you, have affection, miss you, "talk" to you...my cat used to know my window and would come and miaow underneathe it in a pleading sort of way. As soon as I got up and switched on the lights, he'd quickly run to the front door and wait for me to open it. He knew when I was coming home and would wait for me at the door every evening, especially as a kitten. I knew when he was in different moods, and he definitely used to look at me too, so I also doubt that bit of the article. I mourned that thing in the secrecy of my chest for at least three months, I think, lol! And on the day I was told it died, painfully, (I think someone had poisoned it) I am not ashamed to say tears flowed, though there was no "loud" sobbing  :D I was scared of raising another one after that. The other day I came home and found that my mother had raised another one. I think I am bad luck to felines, because as soon as I had stated getting attached to it and started to take care of it myself (I couldnt help it!) some evil person tied it with a wire and beat it to death. What kinds of people are these? Anyway, I am not keeping a feline again, I think, not for a long time.  Maybe when I have a place with a large yard, I'll raise a puppy. I hope no one kills my dog like they like to kill my cats.

My old cat looked like picture no 1 here, but had lots of fur/longer hair, like picture no 2 here:
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 05:40:05 AM »
Bella, you made me cry. This is too, too sad. Pure trauma. Your baby looks like my feline baby (she was ginger and white, see image below). My baby had to be put down because of old age. I think about her every day. Especially the times when I was sobbing in my tree house (a rickety plank of wood in a tree) and she would risk her life by climbing that tree to be with me. She was my purest joy. I still occasionally have dreams about her with her own family, healthy and miowing contently. I know I'll be seeing her again in the next life.

Vooke, pole about your cat. You perhaps have a kindred soul, hence why animals love you.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »
Ghosh, Veri, you are a softie... :) Thanks! :* Your kitten was cute and spoilt. Thankfully, it lived to old age, like God intended when he made animals.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil