Author Topic: Movie: The Boy Next Door (2015)  (Read 8108 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Movie: The Boy Next Door (2015)
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
I think J'Lo has graduated to a mature actress - at least in this movie.

The story is quite thin but thanks to her superb acting, she manages to rescue it.

As the name suggests, a middle aged but still attractive woman gets the hots for a young boy in the neighborhood. The boy seems to make it easy by making friends with the woman's teenage son. She has recently separated from her husband and the relationship is in the fridge - not fresh and protected from further damage.

She has one sexual encounter with the boy. She has either gotten satisfied or come back to her senses. She is ready to move on. She soon finds her young sex partner does not share that view. The rest of the story is a thriller of near misses, murder and arson. Thankfully, some of the usual cliches have been modified and modernized. Predictability such as who is walking to his or her death has been reduced and some elements of genuine surprise artfully included.

I still think J'Lo made all the difference even though I found the naked sex scenes too much of an attempt to woo younger audiences. They recovered from that to deliver a reasonably enjoyable movie.

On a scale of 10 Veritas, I give it 3.5 (Veritas)

(Veritas: I need a sub forum for movies and book reviews. And For movies You can see how I rate. Any objections?

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Movie: The Boy Next Door (2015)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 02:48:39 AM »
Great idea!