Author Topic: Rudisha Now Nijel Amos's  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Rudisha Now Nijel Amos's
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »
female of a certain canine.  He cannot get around the Botswanan.  His best days are behind him.  Amos wont let him back in after owning him a few times now.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Rudisha Now Nijel Amos's
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
Thanks for this video. On review: Rudisha needs technical advise. He made serious blunders. Clearly he was unaware of the Botswanan opponent. He realized too late. He then took no evasive maneuvers.

Secondly, the Botswanan had his plan ready before the match. He therefore shadowed Rudisha from start. Rudisha let him. That is the Ethiopian dirty tactic. Rudisha could have let him go ahead so that he could then overtake him. Instead the Botswanan stressed him.

I did not see any fight back from Rudisha. In fact he appears to slow down and give up. The distance at which point the Botswanan made his bid was enough for a fight back. Had he speeded or blocked him ( within sportsman standards where those in front have the right of way) he could have contained him.

Rudisha still has the power but he does not know where and when to apply. I can't dismiss him just yet.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:02:24 PM »
Niijel Amos is now eating Rudisha's lunch with impunity.  Rudisha made it more of a race this time.  But Nijel is a tough character.  Especially when you consider that he not at his peak yet.

Rudisha's finishing is improving though.  Beijing should be interesting.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/25/nijel-amos-david-rudisha-800m-anniversary-games
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »
The 800 M distance is brutal. Once Rudisha took a break from winning its going to be near impossible to get it back.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »
Is Rudisha still hungry enough?   I'm not so sure.   He has his legacy  already set in stone, whereas Amos still has to "prove" himself.

An interesting commentary (on style vs. performance):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/commonwealthgames/11004554/David-Rudisha-is-beaten-by-Nijel-Amos-in-800m-final-at-Commonwealth-Games-as-Hampden-Park-witnesses-shock.html

As the writer notes, the people who organize such event need Rudisha; Rudisha no longer needs them.    The implication is clear: don't expect any more guts-and-glory efforts.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
Is Rudisha still hungry enough?   I'm not so sure.   He has his legacy  already set in stone, whereas Amos still has to "prove" himself.

An interesting commentary (on style vs. performance):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/commonwealthgames/11004554/David-Rudisha-is-beaten-by-Nijel-Amos-in-800m-final-at-Commonwealth-Games-as-Hampden-Park-witnesses-shock.html

As the writer notes, the people who organize such event need Rudisha; Rudisha no longer needs them.    The implication is clear: don't expect any more guts-and-glory efforts.
That's true.  Amos runs like a man possessed at the end of races.  He is also still very young.  I think Beijing will tell for sure if Rudisha is passing on the baton.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:30 AM »
I believe Rudisha will come back better and stronger. He will return with vengeance (resilience). On a different note, this video still haunts me to this day.

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13:05 AM »
This race is by far the best Kenyans have ever done in my era. Noah Ngeny edging El Guerrouj to win Olympic gold in 1500 meters, in Australia. Seeing world record holder, El Guerroj lose it to a flash in the pan was super sweet. It was like Kenyans won a lotto.

BTW, what happened to Noah Ngeny? Was he a one-hit wonder

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »
I've just been watching one Kiprop's races that I missed from a few weeks ago.   Amazing "style".   I've never seen the guy look like he was really trying or look tired at the end of a tough race.   

In this one, Mo Farah, for reasons best known to himself, decided to go down to 1500M.   It was quite a lesson.

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
I believe Rudisha will come back better and stronger. He will return with vengeance (resilience). On a different note, this video still haunts me to this day.

He has to be at his best to beat Nijel Amos.  I think that is what he is trying to get back to.  He is close.  Amos has time on his side though.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 01:00:47 AM »
Kemboi is another one who has his work cut out for him.  He has had a good run, but I am going with Conseslus in Beijing.  You can defy age for only so long.

Harriet Tubman