Author Topic: The Debate: Is technology harming our kids?  (Read 13695 times)

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Re: The Debate: Is technology harming our kids?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 06:01:02 AM »
Windy... dear, please refrain from jumping in the arena and fighting my battle. I can wrestle RP on my own.  8)

I don't know the average African folks age or Kenyan who blog in Kenyan social sites but most will agree with me. Technology saved this kid

Most Kenyan bloggers have teenagers and would want to know or track where their kids are).  I don't have one, but I think most folks from my place need technology. Especially kids

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/08/24/how-siri-saved-this-mans-life/
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
The kid would've survived even without a mobile. That's called destiny.

I just came back from an IoT hackathon and was a bit disturbed by the enthusiasm for IoT by developers without much knowledge on the practicalities of implementing IP technology to every object nor the entailing security threats.

The kid below showed me his IoT robot car his dad made and I was thinking ok this is very cool but at the same time saddened it was sort of too exposed and may have long term detrimental social fx for a child. A car should be shiny and red or big and blue etc. akin to a child's cognitive development like those age regulated picture books. Technological exposure should also be censored so the child doesn't develop mental disorders.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 02:31:34 PM »
You just attach a chip to any object like that kiddy proof circuit board mounted on top of that car and voila you can collect data on motion, temperature, facial recognition, lights etc. anything to do with perceptual and cognitive features controlled from an online or local connection. Could we attach it to humans?

From the movie "Falling Skies" alien harnesses. With nanotechnology it would be possible to regulate and collect data on anything embedded in a cell to mere electrical synapses. Yes it may help collect data and control and regulate heart conditions, blood flow, inflammation to just speeding up healing properties. That would be amazing. But what if the same can be hijacked to make someone bleed to death. A hacker could kill someone with this technology.