Author Topic: Kevin Durant to sign with Golden State Warriors  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Kevin Durant to sign with Golden State Warriors
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:15 AM »
Kevin Durant is joining the Golden State Warriors. Saying he has experienced "by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life," Durant announced Monday his decision to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder in a post on The Players' Tribune. Durant is expected to sign a two-year, $54.3 million contract. The deal would include a player option after the first year.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-sn-kevin-durant-opts-for-the-golden-state-warriors-in-a-free-agency-upset-20160704-snap-story.html

I think Durant is taking the easy road. It is all about the rings
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Kevin Durant to sign with Golden State Warriors
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:41:07 AM »
It's not going to be easy next season.  I think teams have a template on to the Dubs after the last finals.  But a Durant could definitely have taken them over the Cavs.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:01 AM »
Termie, so the Chicago Bulls decide to sign an older guy by the name of Dwyane Wade who is starting to get a bit senile. Yes, at age 34, you know that he is probably past his absolute peak. Wade is not the same player he was at his prime and with over 855 games under his belt, it is starting to show on his career odometer. His average dropped to 19.5 points last year and in the last 4yrs, he has played just 230 games, which is far less than the games played by the two NBA dinosaurs Nowitzki and Duncan.

Help me understand for I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Even the Chicago Tribune is trolling his arrival.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 03:49:19 AM »
Just for laughs: Kyrie Irving as Uncle Drew The Whole Series.  :D

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »
Termie, so the Chicago Bulls decide to sign an older guy by the name of Dwyane Wade who is starting to get a bit senile. Yes, at age 34, you know that he is probably past his absolute peak. Wade is not the same player he was at his prime and with over 855 games under his belt, it is starting to show on his career odometer. His average dropped to 19.5 points last year and in the last 4yrs, he has played just 230 games, which is far less than the games played by the two NBA dinosaurs Nowitzki and Duncan.

Help me understand for I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Even the Chicago Tribune is trolling his arrival.

Bulls have the most unimaginative front office in the NBA.  The owner watches the bottom-line.  If he can make a profit with D-League guys, he will do it.  Their best free-agent acquisition ever is Carlos Boozer.  Go figure.

That said, Wade is not being brought in for his prime-time abilities.  He is a hometown boy and is well known.  He will keep the impressive ticket sales going and sell merchandise.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman