Author Topic: Everything Is For Sale in Kenya  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Everything Is For Sale in Kenya
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »
The manager of the Kenyan Olympic athletics team Michael Rotich has been recalled from the Rio Games after an investigation alleged he demanded money to give warnings about doping tests, a media report said.

The investigation by the Sunday Times newspaper and German television channel ARD into Mr Rotich is a potential new blow to Kenya's sporting reputation after doping accusations in recent months.

Rotich was filmed by the two media demanding 10,000 pounds (Sh1.3 million) for agreeing to warn a British coach about imminent doping tests.

ARD journalist Hajo Seppelt tweeted an Athletics Kenya statement saying Rotich had been recalled "so we can investigate further his role in this."

"These are very serious allegations and we cannot have someone of that character managing our team."
http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletics/Michael-Rotich-recalled-from-Rio-after-doping-bribe-report/1100-3334866-pcs7i7z/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman