Author Topic: Dr Ndii on kenya debt, eurobond, jubilee, and SGR  (Read 22771 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Dr Ndii on kenya debt, eurobond, jubilee, and SGR
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Jubilee-is-destroying-Kenya--time-for-Opposition-to-rule/440808-3516492-usxdl4/index.html

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Dr Ndii on kenya debt, eurobond, jubilee, and SGR
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
You mean this Dr. Ndii did  not see the finished projects all over the place, especially the 10,000km of fully tarmacked roads?? No wonder he is blind.
Don't worry about debt, the economy will overgrow the debt..

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
If what Dr. Ndii is saying comes to pass then Ruto can really forget 2022.  If ouru steals the elections, the economy will definitely collapse before his 2nd term ends in 2022 and Ruto will have no chance of ever succeeding ouru-not that he had.  If the opposition wins, then they are stuck with the bad economy but at least they can start the process of  putting our economic house in order.

www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Jubilee-is-destroying-Kenya--time-for-Opposition-to-rule/440808-3516492-usxdl4/index.html
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:24 PM »
Ndii is just too negative. we will be exporting oil starting July this year and will make Eurobond look like a tip for a waiter. We will be in the same league with Kuwait come 2020 :D :D :D :D

You mean this Dr. Ndii did  not see the finished projects all over the place, especially the 10,000km of fully tarmacked roads?? No wonder he is blind.
Don't worry about debt, the economy will overgrow the debt..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
Usual nonsense from Dr Ndoom but at least he has revealed his political leaning. Jubilee is the most trans-formative regime in kenya.

Jubilee in 4 short years has connected more  than 3m household to electricity - that is nearly 10-15m people now connected to main grid - Jubilee is connecting more than 1M household annually (or about 5m people) with Gatundu South achieving Africa's first 100% electricity coverage..NARA was doing 300k per annum.

Jubilee is constructing more bitumen roads than ALL combined roads since 60s. The number of roads under construction & in site preparation is mind-boggling. The road annuity 30,00km ambitious project once completed will totally transform the country road infrastructure. Most counties are complementing this with murram and even tarmac road.

Jubilee is delivering SGR (kenya biggest ever infrastructure project!!!) 18 months before schedule -in 3 short years - we have modern CLASS ONE railway together with rolling stock & Nairobi dry port snaking it's way to Naivasha as we speak. Together with modernization of Mombasa port (now the 3rd -4th busiest in Africa - after Jubilee enforce efficiency measures) and LAPSET - we may eventually undo one of our disadvantage - some world most slowest & expensive transporation cost  - into 24 hour efficient economy.

Jubilee is delivering 1m tablets or laptops to all schools - having connected 99% of all them to electricity. Jubilee delivered digitial tv, has digitized gov record, started huduma centers, gave out millions of land titles, settled all IDPS in one go and has done amazing job in social sector. They've just restored the integrity of our exams.

Jubilee has grown the economy at average of 6% - way better than any regime in Kenya. Kibaki averaged about 4%. All macro-economic indicators -inflation, interest rates - are looking great.Jubilee just managed to cap the interest rate and sky is not falling yet - only thing that will fall is bank's supernormal profit. Jubilee has managed the extra financial commitment to Consolidated Fund with amazing dexterity - counties receives about 300B every year plus host of other constitutional bodies - that put pressure on Rotich's treasury but they've done a great job. NARA borrowed 650M usd commercial loan to fund our election(dr ndoom obstuficate all that) - and Jubilee seem to have borrowed less - to fund even more pressing needs that can't be postponed like counties. The economy after been re-based can take more debts - we are set to collect 14b usd from taxes - and couple more from AIA - what is 10B debt from Chinese???????????????

I can go on and on but Jubilee have been steady hands that have stabilized the kenya boat and has restored kenya image abroad as a modern, mature and proud nation. When is the last time you heard some low level EU or US ambassador strutting around Nairobi ordering GoK around? Unlike Moi and Kibaki who were muttering inaudible nonsense most of the time - Jubilee can go toe to toe with best - Obama and name them - which explain why Nairobi is now top destination for all global leaders.

I am glad I voted for Jubilee and I look forward to voting & campaigning for Jubilee this year.

I pray this country is put in charge of leaders like UhuRuto and someone like Mutua of Machakos. The no-frills no-intrigues get the job done leadership this country deserves. Not copius amount of speeches and articles from Dr Ndoom or Raila or Kalonzo or MaDVD - with absolutely nothing to show for it.

UhuRuto record speak for itself. They've stewarded this country in all it's aspect there is absolutely no need for some of us to login here and defend it. The country has never been this stable, this economically active and name it.

I expect Jubilee to win with a huge mandate come the next election. You want jubilee + county gov ran by Mutua like person and this country can go places.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »
Ndii cites transportation of oil to mombasa port by road instead of other means i.e transport to Eldoret then via railway to Mombasa as another corrupt deal. The tender clearly states its an early oil pilot scheme https://www.tullowoil.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/eops-trucking.pdf?sfvrsn=0  . I thought the oil extraction and export is being handled by a private company which is looking to make a profit. If its not viable a private company wont go through with it, most likely as the tender clearly states its a pilot scheme aimed to test various variables.

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:39 PM »
Usual nonsense from Dr Ndoom but at least he has revealed his political leaning. Jubilee is the most trans-formative regime in kenya.

Jubilee in 4 short years has connected more  than 3m household to electricity - that is nearly 10-15m people now connected to main grid - Jubilee is connecting more than 1M household annually (or about 5m people) with Gatundu South achieving Africa's first 100% electricity coverage..NARA was doing 300k per annum.

Jubilee is constructing more bitumen roads than ALL combined roads since 60s. The number of roads under construction & in site preparation is mind-boggling. The road annuity 30,00km ambitious project once completed will totally transform the country road infrastructure. Most counties are complementing this with murram and even tarmac road.

Jubilee is delivering SGR (kenya biggest ever infrastructure project!!!) 18 months before schedule -in 3 short years - we have modern CLASS ONE railway together with rolling stock & Nairobi dry port snaking it's way to Naivasha as we speak. Together with modernization of Mombasa port (now the 3rd -4th busiest in Africa - after Jubilee enforce efficiency measures) and LAPSET - we may eventually undo one of our disadvantage - some world most slowest & expensive transporation cost  - into 24 hour efficient economy.

Jubilee is delivering 1m tablets or laptops to all schools - having connected 99% of all them to electricity. Jubilee delivered digitial tv, has digitized gov record, started huduma centers, gave out millions of land titles, settled all IDPS in one go and has done amazing job in social sector. They've just restored the integrity of our exams.

Jubilee has grown the economy at average of 6% - way better than any regime in Kenya. Kibaki averaged about 4%. All macro-economic indicators -inflation, interest rates - are looking great.Jubilee just managed to cap the interest rate and sky is not falling yet - only thing that will fall is bank's supernormal profit. Jubilee has managed the extra financial commitment to Consolidated Fund with amazing dexterity - counties receives about 300B every year plus host of other constitutional bodies - that put pressure on Rotich's treasury but they've done a great job. NARA borrowed 650M usd commercial loan to fund our election(dr ndoom obstuficate all that) - and Jubilee seem to have borrowed less - to fund even more pressing needs that can't be postponed like counties. The economy after been re-based can take more debts - we are set to collect 14b usd from taxes - and couple more from AIA - what is 10B debt from Chinese???????????????

I can go on and on but Jubilee have been steady hands that have stabilized the kenya boat and has restored kenya image abroad as a modern, mature and proud nation. When is the last time you heard some low level EU or US ambassador strutting around Nairobi ordering GoK around? Unlike Moi and Kibaki who were muttering inaudible nonsense most of the time - Jubilee can go toe to toe with best - Obama and name them - which explain why Nairobi is now top destination for all global leaders.

I am glad I voted for Jubilee and I look forward to voting & campaigning for Jubilee this year.

I pray this country is put in charge of leaders like UhuRuto and someone like Mutua of Machakos. The no-frills no-intrigues get the job done leadership this country deserves. Not copius amount of speeches and articles from Dr Ndoom or Raila or Kalonzo or MaDVD - with absolutely nothing to show for it.

UhuRuto record speak for itself. They've stewarded this country in all it's aspect there is absolutely no need for some of us to login here and defend it. The country has never been this stable, this economically active and name it.

I expect Jubilee to win with a huge mandate come the next election. You want jubilee + county gov ran by Mutua like person and this country can go places.

What about the lay offs?

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
Close to 600 Jobs Slashed as Sameer Africa Shuts Down Nairobi Factory - Kenya markets and investment opportuntiesClose to 600 people are set to lose their jobs after Sameer Africa announced it will cease manufacture of tyres and allied products at its factory in Nairobi plant and shift the production offshore, possibly to India or China.

http://sokodirectory.com/2016/09/close-600-jobs-slashed-sameer-africa-shuts-nairobi-factory/                       

Standard Chartered to lay off 300 as bank moves shared services to India
https://citizentv.co.ke/business/standard-chartered-to-lay-off-300-as-bank-moves-shared-services-to-india-149070/                       

Nation Media retires 'best editors', low Safaricom revenues blamed for losses
 http://www.kenyafreepress.com/media/watchdog/1002/nation-media-retires--best-editors---low-safaricom-revenues-blamed-for-losses                       

Posta Kenya may lay off 2,000 workers
 http://www.postaltechnologyinternational.com/news.php?NewsID=22428                       

Equity Bank Lays Off 400 Employees - Kenya markets and investment opportuntiesEquity Bank Holdings has joined other lenders in the country cutting costs through laying off of the workforce having sent home a total of 400 employees.

http://sokodirectory.com/2016/11/equity-bank-sends-home-400-employees/                       

KQ sacks 38 more workers, plans another round of cutsKenya Airways yesterday started the latest round of sacking that will affect 38 employees as it struggles to remain afloat.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000229402/kq-sacks-38-more-workers-plans-another-round-of-cutshttp://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/18/portland-cement-plans-to-lay-off-1000-employees-sell-assets_c1457818                        

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
Close to 600 Jobs Slashed as Sameer Africa Shuts Down Nairobi Factory - Kenya markets and investment opportuntiesClose to 600 people are set to lose their jobs after Sameer Africa announced it will cease manufacture of tyres and allied products at its factory in Nairobi plant and shift the production offshore, possibly to India or China.

http://sokodirectory.com/2016/09/close-600-jobs-slashed-sameer-africa-shuts-nairobi-factory/                       

Standard Chartered to lay off 300 as bank moves shared services to India
https://citizentv.co.ke/business/standard-chartered-to-lay-off-300-as-bank-moves-shared-services-to-india-149070/                       

Nation Media retires 'best editors', low Safaricom revenues blamed for losses
 http://www.kenyafreepress.com/media/watchdog/1002/nation-media-retires--best-editors---low-safaricom-revenues-blamed-for-losses                       

Posta Kenya may lay off 2,000 workers
 http://www.postaltechnologyinternational.com/news.php?NewsID=22428                       

Equity Bank Lays Off 400 Employees - Kenya markets and investment opportuntiesEquity Bank Holdings has joined other lenders in the country cutting costs through laying off of the workforce having sent home a total of 400 employees.

http://sokodirectory.com/2016/11/equity-bank-sends-home-400-employees/                       

KQ sacks 38 more workers, plans another round of cutsKenya Airways yesterday started the latest round of sacking that will affect 38 employees as it struggles to remain afloat.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000229402/kq-sacks-38-more-workers-plans-another-round-of-cutshttp://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/11/18/portland-cement-plans-to-lay-off-1000-employees-sell-assets_c1457818                      

The banks have to slash their payroll cause its now easier,efficient and cheaper to provide services via mobile money. That's the effect of technology. The economy is benefiting greatly by improved productivity in the banking sector. As the big media companies struggle small niche players have come up due to digital immigration that has made it easier to setup  small radio stations and tv stations.
Sameer group wasn't able to produce cheap tyres that kenyan motorist could afford. Its company specific. The same thing applies to the portland cement, the other cement companies like savannah,bamburi are growing its only the portland that's not.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »
Precisely. Layoffs don't tell the overall labour market. You've to go at data wholesomely. For every one person fired from Equity bank; you can bet 3 or more jobs were created in agency banking - now the preffered banking channel. In 2013 I estimate we had less than 10,000 agents now we have 50,000 agents - that mean banks have fired maybe 2,000 folks stuck in branches in major towns and hired 40,000 more bank agent offering banking services !! of course this has little to do with Jubilee but we've to thank CBK and banks for working together.

The same with portland - data indicate we are producing and consuming more cement - so while portland is having management issues - others are expanding like crazy - savannah, simba and athi river - I even saw another in Kericho - Rai cement.

As far as manufacturing - many folks including US don't have a response yet to China amazing competitive manufacturing industry - I wish there was an easy answer for our industries - but China is definitely eat many folks lunch - overally more jobs have been created than lost.

The banks have to slash their payroll cause its now easier,efficient and cheaper to provide services via mobile money. That's the effect of technology. The economy is benefiting greatly by improved productivity in the banking sector. As the big media companies struggle small niche players have come up due to digital immigration that has made it easier to setup  small radio stations and tv stations.
Sameer group wasn't able to produce cheap tyres that kenyan motorist could afford. Its company specific. The same thing applies to the portland cement, the other cement companies like savannah,bamburi are growing its only the portland that's not.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 04:44:54 PM »
How much do these agents earn? Could it be a minute fraction of what the workers took home?

That said what protections are there for these workers under Jubilee?

I take it you can back the claim of 50,000 agents. Why is it that many of these closed the day after they opened? I have seen some young men knock on my car window to try to sell me banking services. Are these hawkers part of your Jubilee achievements? What job security do they have?

If Sameer and others are running to India could you explain what it is Jubilee has done to bring it on? Bees migrate at the smell of rubber smoke.

Lastly, I don't attach much to your statistics and generalizations. They sound like Margaret Thatcher's infamous statistics where she oozed them and cared not about their accuracy and the Right Wing Rupert Murdoch Media seized on them repeated them until they were quoted as proof of the truth of the said statistics.

I asked you about the Roads: You return with propaganda that carefully fails to disclose the LIE about 6000 km of new roads being tarmacked.

Precisely. Layoffs don't tell the overall labour market. You've to go at data wholesomely. For every one person fired from Equity bank; you can bet 3 or more jobs were created in agency banking - now the preffered banking channel. In 2013 I estimate we had less than 10,000 agents now we have 50,000 agents - that mean banks have fired maybe 2,000 folks stuck in branches in major towns and hired 40,000 more bank agent offering banking services !! of course this has little to do with Jubilee but we've to thank CBK and banks for working together.

The same with portland - data indicate we are producing and consuming more cement - so while portland is having management issues - others are expanding like crazy - savannah, simba and athi river - I even saw another in Kericho - Rai cement.

As far as manufacturing - many folks including US don't have a response yet to China amazing competitive manufacturing industry - I wish there was an easy answer for our industries - but China is definitely eat many folks lunch - overally more jobs have been created than lost.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »
Unlike you I don't invent facts; agent banking is now the most preffered banking channel offering banking in places that would not be imaginable. They are competing with m-pesa; and that is backed by network of 50,000 agents.  these agencies are not only jobs - but many kenyans now have banking services right at their door - be they in gwasii island or turkana village.

March 2015 - 34k - march 2016 - 40k - estimate for now (50k).
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/brandingvoice/kcb/article/17/cbk-kenyan-banks-record-growth-in-agency-banking-model

We can go on and on - but Jubilee job when it come to manufacturing - is to deal with fundamentals - through stuff like SGR (reduce transport cost), electricity (regular supply to industries) etc - that it has done - plus all the special manufacturing zones - with a big one set for ndongo kundu in msa and Naivasha (next to geothermal plant). I can go on and on.

The roads are real - I don't know in your county - but I can tell you in Bomet & Kericho - new roads of more than 400km are under construction or in site prep stage. In my place konoin - 56Km new road (Kaptengecha -(near mogogosiek) - Koiwa to embomos - to kaptebengwet to Chebangang to Kimulot and finally Changoi)  is now in site preperation with chinese mobilizing. I can list for you all the roads if you want.

How much do these agents earn? Could it be a minute fraction of what the workers took home?

That said what protections are there for these workers under Jubilee?

I take it you can back the claim of 50,000 agents. Why is it that many of these closed the day after they opened? I have seen some young men knock on my car window to try to sell me banking services. Are these hawkers part of your Jubilee achievements? What job security do they have?

If Sameer and others are running to India could you explain what it is Jubilee has done to bring it on? Bees migrate at the smell of rubber smoke.

Lastly, I don't attach much to your statistics and generalizations. They sound like Margaret Thatcher's infamous statistics where she oozed them and cared not about their accuracy and the Right Wing Rupert Murdoch Media seized on them repeated them until they were quoted as proof of the truth of the said statistics.

I asked you about the Roads: You return with propaganda that carefully fails to disclose the LIE about 6000 km of new roads being tarmacked.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

Banking agent at work:

This data is from 2013-2014, but I don't expect that there will have been dramatic changes:

....agents in Tanzania make a median of $US 95 per month vs. only $US 70 in Kenya.
http://www.helix-institute.com/blog/status-agents-kenya-proliferation-dominance-evolution-impact

Note that this 2015 minimum wage in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu:

Cleaners, Gardeners, General Workers, House servants, Children's ayah, Sweepers, Day watchmen, Messengers: Sh 10,954.70 [approx. $105]
http://www.africapay.org/kenya/home/salary/minimum-wages

Looks like "Local Banker" or "Banking Agent" is good for the CV but not for the pocket.   Certainly not what to brag about in terms of job creation.

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
Would you rather we keep 2,000 bankers earning on average 30k (300usd) serving small population or 50,000 people earning 70USD per month but providing crucial services in walking distance to every kenyan. Commonsense. No thinking required. Nobody is forcing anyone to become agent. This is just innovation and market intelligence (aka liberal free market) economics.

Most agents are engaged in other business..that 70USD per month is shot on their arm...probably difference btw going bust and staying afloat.That explain why agency banking is growing at supersonic speed.

Banking agent at work:

This data is from 2013-2014, but I don't expect that there will have been dramatic changes:

....agents in Tanzania make a median of $US 95 per month vs. only $US 70 in Kenya.
http://www.helix-institute.com/blog/status-agents-kenya-proliferation-dominance-evolution-impact

Note that this 2015 minimum wage in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu:

Cleaners, Gardeners, General Workers, House servants, Children's ayah, Sweepers, Day watchmen, Messengers: Sh 10,954.70 [approx. $105]
http://www.africapay.org/kenya/home/salary/minimum-wages

Looks like "Local Banker" or "Banking Agent" is good for the CV but not for the pocket.   Certainly not what to brag about in terms of job creation.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
Would you rather we keep 2,000 bankers earning on average 30k (300usd) serving small population or 50,000 people earning 70USD per month but providing crucial services in walking distance to every kenyan. Commonsense. No thinking required. Nobody is forcing anyone to become agent. This is just innovation and market intelligence (aka liberal free market) economics.

Most agents are engaged in other business..that 70USD per month is shot on their arm...probably difference btw going bust and staying afloat.That explain why agency banking is growing at supersonic speed

I said nothing about the employment (or unemployment) of the "real" bankers; don't get so worked up over nothing.   I was merely answering a question that Omollo asked.  I also made one comment:

Certainly not what to brag about in terms of job creation.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »
There is everything to be proud about the breathtaking success of our agency banking and M-pesa. These two innovation have received global acclaim.
I said nothing about the employment (or unemployment) of the "real" bankers; don't get so worked up over nothing.   I was merely answering a question that Omollo asked.  I also made one comment:

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 12:49:15 PM »
I'll be damned! Is Jubilee claiming credit for Mpesa??? God and Messenger!!

Jubilee claiming another NARA (Raila-Kibaki) innovation and doing so shamelessly
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »
No. Jubilee has not claimed M-pesa. The conversation took a different tangent. Jubilee has done so much -about 90% of their manifesto - they are walking to another term - with an even bigger mandate.
I'll be damned! Is Jubilee claiming credit for Mpesa??? God and Messenger!!

Jubilee claiming another NARA (Raila-Kibaki) innovation and doing so shamelessly

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
I will interrogate that claim of 90% :

1. Does it include laptops for pupils? The "manifesto" (though I believe it was a roadside declaration) stated "Laptops".

No. Jubilee has not claimed M-pesa. The conversation took a different tangent. Jubilee has done so much -about 90% of their manifesto - they are walking to another term - with an even bigger mandate.