Author Topic: Tech bubble burst is nigh  (Read 14368 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tech bubble burst is nigh
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »
The battle for the Appdollar continues -- with spies & tanks

Apple buys app development service Buddybuild
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/02/apple-buys-app-development-service-buddybuild/

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
I've always sulked at the absence of Afrocentric apps - even App Annie refers to M-Pesa as "Vodafone M-Pesa Wallet" - if you track the android & iOS downloads. It's the same on Apptopia.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2018, 02:49:01 AM »
Microsoft's conspicuous mobile no-show... Xbox Live & consoles or pc can't beat mobile.

Considering this is lopsided report that excludes non-Google & -Apple downloads and non-mobile apps - plus Chinese market censorship - the app market is quite big. If you're an AR/MR/VR game developer 2018 is the $$ mint year. Expect the "Internet of Elephants" and such VR theme art to loom big... as entertainment goes virtual.

Wearables will outdo consoles in the hardware segment. I think FB/Oculus has poor strategy of big headgear that will loose badly to Apple watch. If Apple manages to extend the VR gaming aperture on the watch - they already have the camera - it'll be a no-brainer. The watch is the new mobile where calls & games are projected on the palm. FB seems to blindly copy Microsoft's blunders; in fact from HoloLens, Google Glass and Snaptacles we know intrusive headgear is unfashionable. Apple and Google will remain the big dogs.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2018, 01:20:46 AM »
CES anyone? I'll be there.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »

Not that I know of.  Looks to be interesting.  I saw NVidia's Xavier trending.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:10 PM »

Not that I know of.  Looks to be interesting.  I saw NVidia's Xavier trending.

Lots of AI - robots, drones, autonomous cars - it's a full candy store.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2018, 01:22:59 AM »
Biggest Serie A ever... where else but kung fu land

Ping An OneConnect fintech subsidiary raises $650 million in financing
https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/72459/ping-an-oneconnect-fintech-subsidiary-raises-650-million-in-financing

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2018, 09:27:53 PM »
Where is Robina.
Bitcoin is less than $4k

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2018, 06:09:22 AM »
Investors are sometimes full of irrational exuberance. Faang stocks are a waste of resources.