Author Topic: Failing to Understand an Opinion Poll  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Failing to Understand an Opinion Poll
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
This is a pre-mature poll that may only be useful when one is examining the track record of support and opposition to the referendum. Right now signatures are being collected and as I speak, OKOA Kenya and CORD have secured the numbers they need and are merely campaigning to increase the support base by having as many people as possible put their stake in the referendum.

So whether 54% oppose or support means absolutely nothing.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-190688/54-percent-kenyans-oppose-referendum-uhuru-rating-10-percent-ipsos#sthash.qWUMWoVf.dpuf
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Failing to Understand an Opinion Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
It would appear that Margaret Ireri has never left the employ of kamwana express.  One can predict the direction that her polls will take while half asleep.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
"Plebiscite" vote?! Did they really say that? That's a degrading social slur. Wow. Where are the results of this "plebiscite" vote?

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »
Termie/Omollo: And we can predict the usual chorus after the usual defeat because as usual this crowd is out of touch with reality - Shall I help you...stolen elections, stuffed debes. 

It would appear that Margaret Ireri has never left the employ of kamwana express.  One can predict the direction that her polls will take while half asleep.
Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
I am not getting you. Be clearer, you are on a free board so express yourself freely.

Termie/Omollo: And we can predict the usual chorus after the usual defeat because as usual this crowd is out of touch with reality - Shall I help you...stolen elections, stuffed debes. 

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »
Omollo: I cannot help your handicap...It is not in my interest. Some us prefer 'you' in that position of denial because it works well to keep 'you' contained and defeated.  You Omollo are in that group of complicate individuals and parties and will all the time between polls or elections explaining numbers. Numbers don't need help silly! "So whether 54% oppose or support means absolutely nothing." I thought Raila's goal to win the ref! Is this not Tyranny of the Numbers caught you napping and dismissing opinion. This poll is telling you politely that CORD/OKOA ref is a waste of time.

I am not getting you. Be clearer, you are on a free board so express yourself freely.

Malaki 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought on his name."

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
I was just trying to be polite. In reality, you write gibberish that cannot be understood. Failing to understand rubbish is not a handicap. I would be glad to point out to you exactly how what you write is trash, mostly because of exceeding poor quality grammar.

Omollo: I cannot help your handicap...It is not in my interest. Some us prefer 'you' in that position of denial because it works well to keep 'you' contained and defeated.  You Omollo are in that group of complicate individuals and parties and will all the time between polls or elections explaining numbers. Numbers don't need help silly! "So whether 54% oppose or support means absolutely nothing." I thought Raila's goal to win the ref! Is this not Tyranny of the Numbers caught you napping and dismissing opinion. This poll is telling you politely that CORD/OKOA ref is a waste of time.

Offline George Lamming

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »
Omollo: Be kind enough...as long as you understand that numbers do not need help. Between the rubbish of grammar and numbers, let's have a show down. My point to you and the crowd you represent is that you reject facts and end up defeated, in court or in the street....and whining until next time around. Perhaps you can help me put that in an editorial form.

I was just trying to be polite. In reality, you write gibberish that cannot be understood. Failing to understand rubbish is not a handicap. I would be glad to point out to you exactly how what you write is trash, mostly because of exceeding poor quality grammar.

Offline Kichwa Mbaya

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
When it comes to polls, it all depends on how the question is asked.  If they simply asked people "do you support a referendum", then those results maybe accurate.  However, if they asked people "do support more money to the counties" then there could be a dramatic shift in the numbers.  I believe that the trick for CORD is how they frame the referendum question and how they mount their campaign. CORD has a winning issue if they organize themselves right and become very disciplined in their massage and do not allow themselves to be distracted.  Message discipline is very important in a campaign.  It is amazing how CORD has been able to shape the referendum agenda without making Raila the issue as usual.  They have to keep on doing that.  Some Raila supporters like jakoyo and Orengo easily get distracted from the message but they have to be disciplined and keep on talking about Pesa Mashinani without distratraction.  Tell the people that all you want is more money for them so that they can plan and carryout their own county specific development plans.  That is a powerful message that Jubilee would be struggling to fight.

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
And Life Goes On..