Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 9465 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Good morning voters,

Donnie Mclurkin was in town this week,had a concert yesterday and I attended. I honestly have no doubt the Negro is gifted,and if you don't believe me,he has won 4 Grammys among others.

But there's nothing earthshaking about 4 Grammies,other negroes much younger have bagged even more. But Donnie Mclurkin is a pastor,he is a minister of the Word,and I'm told he has performed at White House before presidents Clinton and Bush. But for some reasons,which is the subject of my devotion,he fell out with Obama.

Donnie like the average negro was raised up in by abusive parents and I think his step dad sexually molested him. He slipped into homosexuality for years till he met Christ. He's no more gay and he has been quite vocal in preaching his faith on the subject. Homosexuality is antichristian, and it takes Maraga's boldness to say as much in the US. Careers,money,investments can evaporate in seconds over taking such a stand. President Obama whether for political expediency or simply his 'progressive' streak embraced LGBTQ community more than any other president before and probably after him. So he was uncomfortable with this negro. Explains why Donnie never performed at White House during Obama's tenure.

Now, it takes another level of boldness for an African American to publicly differ with their BEST hero since Martin Luther King jr ON PRINCIPLE. The AAs for a better part,blinded by Obama's melanin overlooked every fault he had and stuck by their Brother.

I personally view that as the closest you get to tribalism in the US; sticking by 'our man' against all odds. Negro Ministers who disagreed with Obama were vilified.

I may not eloquently define tribalism which is just about the biggest plague here,but we all know it when we see it,when it is described.

My Christian heroes here are those who rise above tribalism and confront the failures of their political leaders regardless of and especially when they share ethnicity.

Rev Timothy Njoya took a firm stand against Moi and paid heavily for it. I can't take that away from him but I wonder if he would have been equally vocal if he was up and against an Okoyu.

The Okoyu Reverend(s) who defied Jomo and refused to take oaths are perfect examples. Kadame mentioned that a few weeks ago.

So where are our modern Christian heroes who are unshackled by Tribe?
I did not see them celebrating the triumph of democracy at SCOK. Most Okoyu ministers (I'm very fluent in Okoyu) were shocked. They are now busy praying for victory at the rerun.

But this is not an Okoyu problem, I know many Luo/Luhya ministers who really prayed for 'justice' at SCOK were not hungering after righteousness,but simply rooting for their fan,Raila.

As I conclude, We christians have succumbed to Tribe,and for that we have lost our voice. It's not too late. We can stop cheering politicians as they visit our churches,we can stop stereotyping, we can still stand for truth and justice. We badly need Donnie Mclurkin equivalents whose presence make presidents uncomfortable.

2 Timothy 2:22 (KJV)
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

If Paul was addressing us,he'd have exhorted us thus, 'FLEE TRIBALISM'

Stay blessed dear negroes.

Here's some Donnie. Remember nobody can praise or worship for you.

And here's T412. There's a house I grew up in in the video so I had to. And I like the message.

PS
check out the video details for the meaning of ng'ada,chuom kijiko.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:29:16 AM »
Donnie is a bigot.  Bigots were simply not welcome in Obama's WH.  Being gay is not anti-Christian.  Homosexuals are actually wired that way.  It's no different than saying people born with both genders are anti-Christian.  Get with the times dude.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
I think we need a scientific study to be done on us to tell us what that mysterious pull of tribalism is. It defies everything! Even religion. Racism is another form of it Ive seen in White people who consider themselves thoroughly liberal. I would volunteet for such a study because I really want to understand this phenomenon. As a Catholic, one of my most disappointing times was when I saw our Card. Njue jump straight in that box along with almost all the TV pastors. It can be so heartbreaking to realize that being a christian leader doesnt mean special gifts, they are as human as us. We know it in our heads but our hearts are still pained by the realization. Im always disappointed when I see thst in prominent Christians than when I do anyone else.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
Donnie is a bigot.  Bigots were simply not welcome in Obama's WH.  Being gay is not anti-Christian.  Homosexuals are actually wired that way.  It's no different than saying people born with both genders are anti-Christian.  Get with the times dude.
Homosexuality is anti Christian,or rather,there is no place for homosexuality in Christian any more than there is bacon in Islam. Whether they are 'wired that way' is irrelevant.

But my point here,which you clearly missed, is that negro ministers who found Obama's views and policy on LGBTQ repulsive, who would never repeat them from their pulpits,and who in all likelihood would censor them had they been advanced by a white,carefully ignored them because Obama is a Negro. Negro molds his faith around melanin instead of the other way round.

Here we replace melanin with Tribe.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 03:10:26 PM »
Weirdest thing is that AAs like Africans are super conservative on such things. So are latinos as I understand it. Obama was anti gay marriage until very recently. Siasa iko namna hiyo. You can never tell what politicians truly believe because party politics is very very "heavy".

Trump had never been socially conservative in any meaningful sense until he decided to go for the Republican ticket. The world knew it was a silly gimick but he had to do so to win evangelicals who were really pissed at SJW histerics that were going on in Obama's last term. You must be radically proabortion like Hilary to go anywhere with the DNC and the opposite (anti) with the GOP.  Same with gay marriage.

I believe we have no idea what most politicians truly think about any of these issues, a lot of them take certain positions just to survive and get ahead in their group. Which is why American politics has increasingly become polarized and resembled small minded politics like ours over the past few decades or so. The DNC and GOP have become run by radicals who suffer no grey members with their pet issues.

Its like how in Kenya now MaDvD n Kalonzo are "democracy champions" on par with Raila just cause of convenient political alliances. Its a game we all know and somehow just keep playing. A truly strange phenomenon.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »
Homosexuality is anti Christian,or rather,there is no place for homosexuality in Christian any more than there is bacon in Islam. Whether they are 'wired that way' is irrelevant.

But my point here,which you clearly missed, is that negro ministers who found Obama's views and policy on LGBTQ repulsive, who would never repeat them from their pulpits,and who in all likelihood would censor them had they been advanced by a white,carefully ignored them because Obama is a Negro. Negro molds his faith around melanin instead of the other way round.

Because Christianity is not monolithic, maybe you want to be specific and qualify the version of Christianity you have in mind.  I know pope Francis strongly disagrees with your characterization of gays.

For quite some time now Democrats have always been for inclusion and acceptance of "others" including gays.  This has never turned blacks or their religious leaders away from them whether it was Bill Clinton or Obama in power.  A few cranks like Donnie will always be cranks no matter what. 

Of course blacks were over the moon to finally see one of their own in office.  Besides that historical fact I have never detected anything different about how they viewed Obama from Clinton, except maybe when he faced a racist attack from racists.  In any case if he were a Republican they would have opposed him.

You might need to clarify whatever point you are making with a more convincing demonstration of facts.  Maybe you have a point but for whatever reason it's not coming through.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »

Because Christianity is not monolithic, maybe you want to be specific and qualify the version of Christianity you have in mind.  I know pope Francis strongly disagrees with your characterization of gays.

For quite some time now Democrats have always been for inclusion and acceptance of "others" including gays.  This has never turned blacks or their religious leaders away from them whether it was Bill Clinton or Obama in power.  A few cranks like Donnie will always be cranks no matter what. 

Of course blacks were over the moon to finally see one of their own in office.  Besides that historical fact I have never detected anything different about how they viewed Obama from Clinton, except maybe when he faced a racist attack from racists.  In any case if he were a Republican they would have opposed him.

You might need to clarify whatever point you are making with a more convincing demonstration of facts.  Maybe you have a point but for whatever reason it's not coming through.
I used Donnie as an illustration,and the point is home already. Why would other presidents tolerate a 'bigot' which Obama wouldn't?

If you wish to delve into homosexuality and Christianity,open a thread.