Author Topic: If the law doesn't favor me, change it...  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
If the law doesn't favor me, change it...
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:48:38 AM »
That's the same thing Venezuela did and now it's in a mess. Power is a very intoxicating thing. Once you unchecked power It's even worse. Just ask Trump or Putin.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: If the law doesn't favor me, change it...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:09:34 AM »
Ruto is now officially the president because Ouru loves drinking too much. Ouru should be very worried about his legacy instead of being called SOB. People are called SOB's all the time but you do not abuse your power and take away their liberty and torture them. It now seems like it cannot happen to him but this Kenya is a tinderbox. With the number of unemployed youth doing nothing, lawlessness can break very quickly and then even the secret killing squad cannot put it back.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:50:48 AM »
If you tell them that they will tell you they have the numbers forgetting those numbers on their side is a bunch of unemployed 'business men'

Ruto is now officially the president because Ouru loves drinking too much. Ouru should be very worried about his legacy instead of being called SOB. People are called SOB's all the time but you do not abuse your power and take away their liberty and torture them. It now seems like it cannot happen to him but this Kenya is a tinderbox. With the number of unemployed youth doing nothing, lawlessness can break very quickly and then even the secret killing squad cannot put it back.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:50:54 AM »
That's the tried-and-true path on the continent, the land of the most and most bizarre "constitutional amendments" and changes to the law.    Always starts small-small, always ends  with plenty of blood and tears.   But, hey, who cares about that right now.    What matters right now, as has always been the case, is power or access to power---via sucking up big time---with the main goal being big-time eating.   It's actually sort or "eerie" to see the same missteps  happen again, in slow motion.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »
Parliament job is to make or ammend laws to solve real problems.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »
Some amendments make sense. Why would an RO fail to sign off results?
Hang them by their gonads

Others are pure crap
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
I know you're trying to remain fair and balanced - which to me is impossible undertaking considering NASA are making unreasonable demands and wild claims- but which ones are of the proposed amendments are pure crap?
Others are pure crap

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »
You amend laws to make a democracy stronger not to weaken it. Kenya is heading the current Venezuela way. Even Chavez, as a marxist as he was, believed in fairness and never changed laws to benefit his kind.
BTW Moi had the majority and did the same thing and by the time he was finished........

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 12:44:13 AM »
You amend laws to make a democracy stronger not to weaken it. Kenya is heading the current Venezuela way. Even Chavez, as a marxist as he was, believed in fairness and never changed laws to benefit his kind.
BTW Moi had the majority and did the same thing and by the time he was finished........

Yep.  If the judge says you broke the law, you just make the crime legal and problem solved.  The Kenyan way.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »
There was a guy here last week trying to lay claim to a new identity as one who is appalled by rigging. I told him I could not buy his tricks. If you want to know him, find the only person cheering the creation of rigging and the reversal of ALL the provisions of inter-party agreement in summer 2016.

I just have a problem treating such rubble with respect.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 04:13:07 AM »
The  one is where the RO at the polling station must complete 34A and  sign it or face prosecution. The clear  intention is to force RO's to sign 34A's by force even when they disagree with the figure placed in them by security people.  Its back to 2007 when Kivuitu was forced to announce the elections.  Its ironic that at that time Martha Karua was the enforcer and the other day she was being blocked from entering the court room to file a petition against a thief. That's how things change quickly.

I know you're trying to remain fair and balanced - which to me is impossible undertaking considering NASA are making unreasonable demands and wild claims- but which ones are of the proposed amendments are pure crap?
Others are pure crap

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 06:35:26 AM »
Biwott used to be a strong man, but he dies quietly leaving the country in the same rumble. Had he given power to the people we could be a South Korea, but he amassed wealth at the expense of Kenya. The percentage of poor Kenyans is far greater than 10yrs ago and its climbing. A critical mass will make the country as chaotic as Nigeria. Nigeria has a big economy but daily chaos reign - no water, reliable infrastructure etc.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »
The  one is where the RO at the polling station must complete 34A and  sign it or face prosecution. The clear  intention is to force RO's to sign 34A's by force even when they disagree with the figure placed in them by security people.  Its back to 2007 when Kivuitu was forced to announce the elections.  Its ironic that at that time Martha Karua was the enforcer and the other day she was being blocked from entering the court room to file a petition against a thief. That's how things change quickly.

Others are pure crap

Yep ROs will be presented with jubilee prepared forms 34As and will be sent to jail if they refuse to sign.

Thieving bastards.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
I also found this suspect. Say Jubilee is wary of NASA moles posing as RO or PO - to sabotage the elections by refusing to sign or stamp the forms - the proper thing would be to require POs and ROs be personally required to append reasons for failure to sign/stamp forms. Perhaps through affidavit. Jail for failure to sign is just too suspect.

Pundit what is your spin to this?

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 01:20:13 PM »
Your friend says that is how Uhuru expands democracy. I am surprised you haven't cheered him
I also found this suspect. Say Jubilee is wary of NASA moles posing as RO or PO - to sabotage the elections by refusing to sign or stamp the forms - the proper thing would be to require POs and ROs be personally required to append reasons for failure to sign/stamp forms. Perhaps through affidavit. Jail for failure to sign is just too suspect.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
I didn't realize supporting politicians anonymously makes us friends. I am what you call an independent. Can't stand the sheeple ideology on either side.

Your friend says that is how Uhuru expands democracy. I am surprised you haven't cheered him

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »
Independent about what? The moral equivalency you are trying to draw is infuriating. You cannot be independent or neutral to injustice. There is a reason why genuine democracies such as the US makes it very difficult for the majority to change the rules.  The rethuglicans have a genuine majority in all three branches of government and yet they cannot wake up one morning and change the rules to favor them.  They are having problems even changing Obamacare.  The majority you have in the Kenyan parliament is not legitimate. Other than the rigging, democracy envisioned an independent legislature.  This legislature is not independent. It is controlled by Ouru and Ruto who literally bought them. This is NOT a majority as envisioned by the concepts and principles of democracy and should not be treated as such.  Its like treating "kalongolongo" (somebody translate please) as real food.   

I didn't realize supporting politicians anonymously makes us friends. I am what you call an independent. Can't stand the sheeple ideology on either side.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
Others are pure crap
Manual transmission.

Saying hard originals are final shifts hacking from electronic to physical.

An RO can be intercepted and ordered or bribed into changing the original document after transmission. I think the risk of interference is way higher dealing with physical forms in this case as opposed to breaching VPNs and what have you

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »

vooke - this law shifts the burden of proof to the IEBC officials and not the culprits - which we know are the political parties.

There are two factors here - mistrust of NASA saboteurs and fear of intimidation/coercion by Jubilee state agents. For the first elections are done in broad daylight with media, agents & observers present. Party agents - including Jubilee's - take photos, copies, etc of the results. If they are cooked the PO or RO should simply refuse to append signature. If NASA had produced any originals to rebut the cooked forms the judges should have summoned the POs or ROs involved.

Find out why an IEBC officer did not sign a form - and punish them with that information only if culpable. Not a blanket presumption of guilt as the amendment does. Like the law of assault - which expressly exempts self-defence from fault - provide explicit protection for conscientious decisions not to sign bogus results. Of course should you find corrupt PO refused to sign the form for dubious reason - by say Jubilee agent forms showing no evidence of cooking - 5years is OK. Equally plain lack of signature or stamp should not invalidate results.