Author Topic: So Moody Downgrading Kenya and Equity  (Read 990 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
So Moody Downgrading Kenya and Equity
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »
Where is HK to give me the Kikuyu angle?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: So Moody Downgrading Kenya and Equity
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »
Massive foreign debt & political uncertainty (elections). Kinda obvious, isn't it?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
Massive foreign debt & political uncertainty (elections). Kinda obvious, isn't it?
I don't think so
Moody's Investors Service has today placed the B1 long-term issuer rating of the government of Kenya on review for downgrade.

The decision to place the rating on review for downgrade was prompted by the following key drivers:

1) Persistent, large, primary deficits and high borrowing costs continue to drive government indebtedness higher

2) Government liquidity pressures risk rising in the face of increasingly large financing needs

3) Uncertainties weigh over the future direction of economic and fiscal policy, in part due to evolving political dynamics

Moody's review will focus on assessing:

1) The country's medium-term fiscal trends, and the likely policy response to ongoing budgetary pressures

2) The effectiveness of the government's medium-term financing plan in managing liquidity risks

3) The government's overall credit profile relative to similar-rated peers
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
I don't think so
Moody's Investors Service has today placed the B1 long-term issuer rating of the government of Kenya on review for downgrade.

The decision to place the rating on review for downgrade was prompted by the following key drivers:

1) Persistent, large, primary deficits and high borrowing costs continue to drive government indebtedness higher

2) Government liquidity pressures risk rising in the face of increasingly large financing needs

3) Uncertainties weigh over the future direction of economic and fiscal policy, in part due to evolving political dynamics

Moody's review will focus on assessing:

1) The country's medium-term fiscal trends, and the likely policy response to ongoing budgetary pressures

2) The effectiveness of the government's medium-term financing plan in managing liquidity risks

3) The government's overall credit profile relative to similar-rated peers

I read debt & political uncertainty...
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-places-Kenyas-B1-rating-on-review-for-downgrade--PR_373279

Not news this just happens everyday in financial markets,Moodys (analytics) just do this to ensure that lenders ask for more interest...Kenya annual revenues are a little over 1.2TN,We spend i think 1/4 of that to service our national debt annually which means that we just cannot default,the revenues are rising by over 10% annually good progress,

Without Prejudice.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »
Gathara calls this Dumbussy

What happens "everyday"?

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-places-Kenyas-B1-rating-on-review-for-downgrade--PR_373279

Not news this just happens everyday in financial markets,Moodys (analytics) just do this to ensure that lenders ask for more interest...Kenya annual revenues are a little over 1.2TN,We spend i think 1/4 of that to service our national debt annually which means that we just cannot default,the revenues are rising by over 10% annually good progress,

Without Prejudice.