Author Topic: Galen Rupp Wins Chicago Marathon  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Galen Rupp Wins Chicago Marathon
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
He is tall for a marathon runner.  There might be something I could learn from his running style.

https://www.runnersworld.com/chicago-marathon/the-best-moments-at-the-2017-chicago-marathon/slide/1

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Galen Rupp Wins Chicago Marathon
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:28:15 AM »
This man is a beast.. Is that a pace of 4.81 minutes a mile .. I did half a marathon two weeks ago and my time was 1hour 40 minutes.. The training and effort I had to put in was just too much.. To see someone doing this is just amazing ..

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Galen Rupp Wins Chicago Marathon
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »
This man is a beast.. Is that a pace of 4.81 minutes a mile .. I did half a marathon two weeks ago and my time was 1hour 40 minutes.. The training and effort I had to put in was just too much.. To see someone doing this is just amazing ..

Yep.  Those guys run torrid paces.  But they have hugely developed slow twitch muscles.  I can barely get under an 8 minute mile.  You must be a semi professional runner to do that well in a half.  I am just glad to keep my belly flat.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman