Author Topic: Liberia what a country--dirt poor and just a miserable place  (Read 1760 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Liberia what a country--dirt poor and just a miserable place
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
anyway George Weah is about to become the next president. If Ms Johnson could not rebuild this place it is time to merge it with another country and call it a day

http://www.mwakilishi.com/article/world-news/2017-10-11/former-football-great-george-weah-leads-in-the-race-for-liberian-president?cid=h

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Liberia what a country--dirt poor and just a miserable place
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
Which country wants to merge with Liberia?

anyway George Weah is about to become the next president. If Ms Johnson could not rebuild this place it is time to merge it with another country and call it a day

http://www.mwakilishi.com/article/world-news/2017-10-11/former-football-great-george-weah-leads-in-the-race-for-liberian-president?cid=h

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »
Trump should sent more African Americans  to dilute the numerous negative energy that engulf the nation.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »
Liberia like haiti is fucked

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
For a while in its history it was a paradise for the freed slaves.  Even until the 80s when Samuel Doe took over, life was good for Americo-Liberians.  Here is the irony.  At some point, after the abolition of slavery, Liberia was involved in capturing and trading slaves.

To their credit, they seem able to conduct credible elections. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
ironically Haiti was also the first black slaves who freed themselves forcibly and formed their own independent state. For a long time they did great helping other African slaves in the mainland US and in the Caribbean to free themselves then shit happened and the rest is history.

Liberia like haiti is fucked
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 07:43:31 PM »
The outgoing President supported someone(Macdella Cooper) other than George Weah, the winner.  That is something that does not happen often on the beloved continent.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »
This is a country started by American colonial society for Maryland freed slaves
Interesting history of negroes oppressing natives using slavery cookbook

What a fucked up mess
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Liberia#Early_history_.28pre_1821.29

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
This is a country started by American colonial society for Maryland freed slaves

What a fucked up mess

Yep.  Here is an even more interesting one.  Apartheid was in place in Liberia before it happened in South Africa.

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:40 AM »

What a fucked up mess

Yep.  Here is an even more interesting one.  Apartheid was in place in Liberia before it happened in South Africa.

Our own extremely violent tribalism is an indication of the propensity of extreme ubeberu against our very own. 

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:55:14 AM »
Maybe this 4th world country can send its electoral board to teach Kenya how to run credible elections.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »
Kenya can conduct free and fair elections easily if not for the kalenjin/Gema Mafia power and money greed. The problem is that Kibaki sent a very bad message to bad people like ouruto in 2007. He resorted to doing exactly what we had accused Moi of doing all along. Ouruto learned that you can steal elections and get away with it.  Ouru and Ruto then stole the 2013 elections, got away with it, became arrogant and came up with a grand scheme to hang on to power for a long time through tribalism and rigging. They then went a head and invested billions of shillings into the rigging process that is supposedly able to go on for years. To brag about how amajipanga, Ruto  showcased Ouru's son in a clear arrogant-mta do moment to Kenyans that he has a full proof-rigging machine to rig ouru in 2017, then Ruto for 2 terms and then back to the Kenyattaa's.  Somehow in his small mind he thinks the rest of Kenyans not included in that deal are helpless and will watch the political ping pong game helplessly as he lauds it over them. That's what earns him the name of arap mashamba.

Maybe this 4th world country can send its electoral board to teach Kenya how to run credible elections.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 06:26:14 PM »
How did this turn into a democracy debate :D The lesson I get from that is democracy is a dismal recipe for prosperity.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »
How did this turn into a democracy debate :D The lesson I get from that is democracy is a dismal recipe for prosperity.
Kichwa must insert a spin everywhere..even during coitus he must tell his signficant other to hold while he spins