Author Topic: Babu Comes Under heavy fire from The Economist  (Read 1200 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Babu Comes Under heavy fire from The Economist
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
...By walking away, Mr Odinga seems to be gambling on his ability to threaten chaos to push Mr Kenyatta to negotiate. But the trouble with that strategy is that Mr Odinga is running out of money. And although protests occasionally gum up the centre of Nairobi, even his most partisan supporters will not stay on the streets indefinitely. The worst outcome, for Mr Odinga and Kenya, is that his bluff is called and the election goes ahead without him. Mr Kenyatta might remain president, but a large proportion of the population would not recognise his right to rule and would feel left out of the political system...

https://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21730121-first-poll-was-annulled-second-may-be-violently-disrupted-raila-odinga
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Babu Comes Under heavy fire from The Economist
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
I concluded a long time ago that the politics of Kenya are too complex to be understood by outsiders. 

...By walking away, Mr Odinga seems to be gambling on his ability to threaten chaos to push Mr Kenyatta to negotiate. But the trouble with that strategy is that Mr Odinga is running out of money. And although protests occasionally gum up the centre of Nairobi, even his most partisan supporters will not stay on the streets indefinitely. The worst outcome, for Mr Odinga and Kenya, is that his bluff is called and the election goes ahead without him. Mr Kenyatta might remain president, but a large proportion of the population would not recognise his right to rule and would feel left out of the political system...

https://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21730121-first-poll-was-annulled-second-may-be-violently-disrupted-raila-odinga
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
I concluded a long time ago that the politics of Kenya are too complex to be understood by outsiders. 

Especially when they have anti-Babu slant
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
As expected, closet jubleedots and their fans missed thebig word "legitimacy.".
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
Tony Blair and Cambridge analytica using economist to spread their propaganda.  Unfortunately these are the people advising Uhuru, no wonder he keeps making blunders,  latching from one crisis to another.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
Ouruto spends so much money on lobbyists in the UK and the US who plant stories in major publications for them.  The NYT learned the hard way until they had to give a retraction. I am sure they learned their lesson and will no wait a little longer to get the whole story and do some of their own investigations before they publish jubilee propaganda.

Tony Blair and Cambridge analytica using economist to spread their propaganda.  Unfortunately these are the people advising Uhuru, no wonder he keeps making blunders,  latching from one crisis to another.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
As expected, closet jubleedots and their fans missed thebig word "legitimacy.".

Yep.  Mzungu values stability more than just, freedom and fairness for the African

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:02:15 AM »
The hit Job article was supposed to change election narrative 2 weeks to election date. Unfortunately for poor mzungu Nasa pulled the rug under their feet.
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish Tony Blair with other African despots his appetite for corruption money is unmatched,  he has perfected pay to play political act. 
Ouruto spends so much money on lobbyists in the UK and the US who plant stories in major publications for them.  The NYT learned the hard way until they had to give a retraction. I am sure they learned their lesson and will no wait a little longer to get the whole story and do some of their own investigations before they publish jubilee propaganda.