Author Topic: Chebu’s Terse Statement  (Read 6153 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Chebu’s Terse Statement
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:09:01 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Chebu’s Terse Statement
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »
Mediate what? Uhuru need to sign that law and Nkatha need to complete the task ahead. Mediate with a week to election?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:10:33 PM »
It's obvious reading his statement that he is looking for an exit strategy. Uhuru should assent the law and prepare for an eventuality where Chebukati is going to resign.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
Uhuru may be next.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »
Then Ruto takes over :).

Otherwise the way I see
1) Hold elections with 4 remaining commissioner - Nkatha as the Vice Chairperson should take over as Presidential RO.
2) Let those who want to vote - vote - and those who want to disrupt election - be met with reasonable force.
3) Uhuru is declared winner.
4) Those NOT satisfied can go to Supreme Court.
5) Supreme court can decide to annul or correct their initial mess.
6) Uhuru get sworn and he comples his five year term

Where does Chebukati get the power to "mediate" anything - who gave him the authority if he cannot even convince 4 commissioner - what make him think he can get Uhuru and Raila to sit down :).

Uhuru may be next.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
Who gave Uhuru authority?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
Authority to do what?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »
Pundit, Everybody who is anybody has agreed that elections cannot be held on 10/26/2017.  Its impossible.  Chebukati is saying the same thing when he says he cannot work with Ruto's commission and secretariat. All that is needed now is the principles,  Ouru and Raila, (without Ruto and Kalonzo), bury the hatchet, and give their people a chance to negotiate a legal means upon which the elections can be postponed and for how long. It has to be enough time to implement the irreducible minimums that NASA had insisted upon. Holding elections on 10/26/2017 was unattainable on so many fronts that it was silly even to contemplate the wisdom pushing it. It was like trying to ride a race horse with broken legs towards the finish line. Ruto got the message yesterday when he called for the implementation of the irreducible minimums because he knew his game was up by that time.   

Authority to do what?
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 04:20:47 PM »
How can you have credible elections when voters and potential voters are being killed, JEBC commissioners are resigning and the few remaining are compromised, one main candidate has withdrawn, rival losers have been bought, half the country won't vote and a fringe candidate is threatening to make the sky fall, killer police are openly partisan, EU observers are giddy with expectant bias, and the US is looking the other way?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
Authority to do what?

When Uhuru realizes authority is from God through the people and not through the gun we can begin talking. By abusing his position to kill Luos he is showing he has lost it. Ruto is staring at his dream being broken like eggs under a bulldozer. More than Uhuru, he should sit up and shape up. Isapite he is cheering Uhuru as he sits on a throne build on Luo skulls.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »
He is saying in not so many words that Kenya is incapable of holding credible elections.  And you don't need to be a genius to understand it's because the jubilant wants to protect his tyranny of numbers which depend on an opaque process.  I want to believe he has not just discovered this fact but rather he is now emboldened to state the same because of current events.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 05:09:41 PM »
both sides and mediate

What "both sides" are these? There are six equal candidates.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
This will be tough for NASA - who may have to petition as "concerned citizens" after boycotting - perhaps they will be included as amicus to Aukot petition.

Then Ruto takes over :).

Otherwise the way I see
1) Hold elections with 4 remaining commissioner - Nkatha as the Vice Chairperson should take over as Presidential RO.
2) Let those who want to vote - vote - and those who want to disrupt election - be met with reasonable force.
3) Uhuru is declared winner.
4) Those NOT satisfied can go to Supreme Court.
5) Supreme court can decide to annul or correct their initial mess.
6) Uhuru get sworn and he comples his five year term

Where does Chebukati get the power to "mediate" anything - who gave him the authority if he cannot even convince 4 commissioner - what make him think he can get Uhuru and Raila to sit down :).
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 05:17:13 PM »
Exactly.He he is showing his hand.
both sides and mediate

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 05:18:47 PM »
Robina what's so hard to understand about NASA boycotting selections? After Aug 8 Jubilee dared NASA to go to court and it did. Jubilee again dared NASA to boycott and it has. NASA game goes beyond going to court now. Everybody can see Jubilee intends to neuter courts and render them TuMutungaroos where any Njoke Ndugu can change minutes and verdicts.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
both sides and mediate

The usual suspects who have the numbers and muscle to bully IEBC

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »

Uhuru and Aukot. The only confirmed parcitipants in Chebukati's sham election on the 26th October.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »
How can you have credible elections when voters and potential voters are being killed, JEBC commissioners are resigning and the few remaining are compromised, one main candidate has withdrawn, rival losers have been bought, half the country won't vote and a fringe candidate is threatening to make the sky fall, killer police are openly partisan, EU observers are giddy with expectant bias, and the US is looking the other way?

I wonder why. These are the independent voice we can trust - compared to the candidates.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »

I wonder why. These are the independent voice we can trust - compared to the candidates.

They want "stability".  What the African wants comes a distant second.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman