Author Topic: Chebu’s Terse Statement  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Chebu’s Terse Statement
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Robina what's so hard to understand about NASA boycotting selections? After Aug 8 Jubilee dared NASA to go to court and it did. Jubilee again dared NASA to boycott and it has. NASA game goes beyond going to court now. Everybody can see Jubilee intends to neuter courts and render them TuMutungaroos where any Njoke Ndugu can change minutes and verdicts.

We beat this horse dead sometimes back. Mutunga was appointed by JSC and was cheered by everyone as reformist. He was soon became the devil. Jubilee can shout hoarse about Maraga but his decision stands. 

About IEBC - they should implement the changes needed to comply with the court order - Chebukati's matrix should not be bound anyhow by NASA's (or Jubilee's) minimums and conditions. If majority commissioners have overruled Chebukati that is internal to the commission and the worst he can do is quit as chair. A commission is not meant to work by consensus just like parliament or a corporate board. Even the SCORK itself rules by majority.

NASA boycott... as long the elections are upheld by the SCORK if petitioned - that is more useful than NASA's concurrence or concession. We have been told here that the issue is Kalenjin-Gema ping pong :) They must share power with the Luo or get ready for the parliamentary system, federalism, secession - am not clear what comes first :D Well, welcome to democracy.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
Robina, you seem to be really lost  in your thought and reason since you decided to abandon your senses and join the "winning team". You simply stopped making sense anymore. Be yourself.

Robina what's so hard to understand about NASA boycotting selections? After Aug 8 Jubilee dared NASA to go to court and it did. Jubilee again dared NASA to boycott and it has. NASA game goes beyond going to court now. Everybody can see Jubilee intends to neuter courts and render them TuMutungaroos where any Njoke Ndugu can change minutes and verdicts.

We beat this horse dead sometimes back. Mutunga was appointed by JSC and was cheered by everyone as reformist. He was soon became the devil. Jubilee can shout hoarse about Maraga but his decision stands. 

About IEBC - they should implement the changes needed to comply with the court order - Chebukati's matrix should not be bound anyhow by NASA's (or Jubilee's) minimums and conditions. If majority commissioners have overruled Chebukati that is internal to the commission and the worst he can do is quit as chair. A commission is not meant to work by consensus just like parliament or a corporate board. Even the SCORK itself rules by majority.

NASA boycott... as long the elections are upheld by the SCORK if petitioned - that is more useful than NASA's concurrence or concession. We have been told here that the issue is Kalenjin-Gema ping pong :) They must share power with the Luo or get ready for the parliamentary system, federalism, secession - am not clear what comes first :D Well, welcome to democracy.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:28 PM »
How can you have credible elections when voters and potential voters are being killed, JEBC commissioners are resigning and the few remaining are compromised, one main candidate has withdrawn, rival losers have been bought, half the country won't vote and a fringe candidate is threatening to make the sky fall, killer police are openly partisan, EU observers are giddy with expectant bias, and the US is looking the other way?

I wonder why. These are the independent voice we can trust - compared to the candidates.

They want "stability".  What the African wants comes a distant second.

That's one way of viewing the matter. They loathe extra-legal arrangements in lieu of democracy.

Why don't they want stability in very many other places - Zim, DRC, Venezuela, Turkey, name it? All places that have regional upheavals and more geopolitical than Kenya.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
Robina, you seem to be really lost  in your thought and reason since you decided to abandon your senses and join the "winning team". You simply stopped making sense anymore. Be yourself.

Robina is good people but she loves winners.  She will not be caught standing behind ideas that face great obstacles and are likely to fail in the near term, save for Elon Musk's hallucinations :D.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »
What "both sides" are these? There are six equal candidates.

Uhuru and Aukot. The only confirmed parcitipants in Chebukati's sham election on the 26th October.

Aukot and Dr Kaluyu are happy with the process. IEBC should simply follow the law - they do not have the capacity to cause consensus among competitors. There is no such requirement - just hold legal elections.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
Both Akombe and Chebukati are clearly saying that elections which meet the legal requirements cannot be held under the prevailing circumstances. Which part of that are you having problems comprehending.  Even RV Pundit and the rogue pastor are  starting to get it.

Uhuru and Aukot. The only confirmed parcitipants in Chebukati's sham election on the 26th October.

Aukot and Dr Kaluyu are happy with the process. IEBC should simply follow the law - they do not have the capacity to cause consensus among competitors. There is no such requirement - just hold legal elections.

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
How can you have credible elections when voters and potential voters are being killed, JEBC commissioners are resigning and the few remaining are compromised, one main candidate has withdrawn, rival losers have been bought, half the country won't vote and a fringe candidate is threatening to make the sky fall, killer police are openly partisan, EU observers are giddy with expectant bias, and the US is looking the other way?

I wonder why. These are the independent voice we can trust - compared to the candidates.

That's one way of viewing the matter. They loathe extra-legal arrangements in lieu of democracy.

Why don't they want stability in very many other places - Zim, DRC, Venezuela, Turkey, name it? All places that have regional upheavals and more geopolitical than Kenya.

They do.   They have different cards for each country depending on their strengths.  Their issue with Zim reached its apex when kaburus were directly affected.  It has since fizzled out with Zim having paid a heavy price and most kaburus no longer in harms way.  DRC is stable enough for their purposes.  Turkey is an ongoing problem and an ally in NATO so they have to tread carefully.  Venezuela is America's backyard and has to be punished for setting a bad example of independence from uncle Sam's wishes.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
What do you mean? I am myself of course. My view is that any reforms should be done for posterity. Elections need to be done by the IEBC as ordered by the supreme court. If Raila or Akombe or Chebukati or even Njoki quits - that is their choice and history will judge them.

Sometime in July - as NASA supporters - we laughed off Pundit here during Kiai ruling when Chebukati was reminded by the judges that he is not the commission. Well, that objective holds now and he can resign if he is undemocratic and cannot be overruled by the majority.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »

Robina is good people but she loves winners.  She will not be caught standing behind ideas that face great obstacles and are likely to fail in the near term, save for Elon Musk's hallucinations :D.

Thanks for the analysis. I am democratic so I don't think unpleasant ideas are bad. Like declaring Maraga a mkora because he has surprised me. Or well, let's overhaul the system because our man lost. Should we also disband the SCORK because they ruled against Uhuru 8)

NASA can boycott in principle - just like Akombe - and vehement Njoki. Secession and violence - after losing - are absolute antidemocracy.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:27:33 PM »
Because there are 7 commissioners - and these are 2 - who happen to be in the minority. Njoki thinks the SCORK ruling was absolutely wrong too you know. The rules apply.

Both Akombe and Chebukati are clearly saying that elections which meet the legal requirements cannot be held under the prevailing circumstances. Which part of that are you having problems comprehending.  Even RV Pundit and the rogue pastor are  starting to get it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »

They do.   They have different cards for each country depending on their strengths.  Their issue with Zim reached its apex when kaburus were directly affected.  It has since fizzled out with Zim having paid a heavy price and most kaburus no longer in harms way.  DRC is stable enough for their purposes.  Turkey is an ongoing problem and an ally in NATO so they have to tread carefully.  Venezuela is America's backyard and has to be punished for setting a bad example of independence from uncle Sam's wishes.

Kenya is a fledgling democracy with a new "progressive" - US copypaste :) - katiba. They don't want it sullied with a new NARA.

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »

Robina is good people but she loves winners.  She will not be caught standing behind ideas that face great obstacles and are likely to fail in the near term, save for Elon Musk's hallucinations :D .

Thanks for the analysis. I am democratic so I don't think unpleasant ideas are bad. Like declaring Maraga a mkora because he has surprised me. Or well, let's overhaul the system because our man lost. Should we also disband the SCORK because they ruled against Uhuru 8)

NASA can boycott in principle - just like Akombe - and vehement Njoki. Secession and violence - after losing - are absolute antidemocracy.

You want to ask yourself, Why would someone kill or be killed over an election?  Is it really just because they lost like Gor fans going on the rampage?  Yes Raila of course wants power.  But can you seriously convince yourself that what jubilee wants to do to SCOK is morally equivalent to the demands placed on IEBC by NASA?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »

Robina is good people but she loves winners.  She will not be caught standing behind ideas that face great obstacles and are likely to fail in the near term, save for Elon Musk's hallucinations :D .

You want to ask yourself, Why would someone kill or be killed over an election?  Is it really just because they lost like Gor fans going on the rampage?  Yes Raila of course wants power.  But can you seriously convince yourself that what jubilee wants to do to SCOK is morally equivalent to the demands placed on IEBC by NASA?

Yes. Absolutely. Jubilee's victory was tossed out hence the bitterness, "Wakora 4", etc. Commissioners have been forced out before - in Jan 2017 - after they thwarted Okoa Kenya. None of these is new at all - the wheel turns nothing ever changes.

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »

Yes. Absolutely. Jubilee's victory was tossed out hence the bitterness, "Wakora 4", etc. Commissioners have been forced out before - in Jan 2017 - after they thwarted Okoa Kenya. None of these is new at all - the wheel turns nothing ever changes.

But you are saying the court tossed out a victory, when they are saying there was no evidence of such a victory.  If you are all for institutions to do their work unhindered, why are you giving weight to the jubilant's discredited claims? 

Now the jubilant wants to kill the court for doing its work.  NASA wants IEBC to reform because it failed its work.  We don't know what went wrong with transmission on that material day, yet IEBC wants to assure us it wont happen again.  In this narrow scenario alone, there is no way I would sympathize with jubilant intentions, even if I recognize NASA's political angle.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
That's exactly what I mean by saying that you do not make sense anymore.  1) the elections have to meet the Maraga standards and that cannot be done in 9 days.  Why then, would IEBC hold elections that are going to be nullified just for the sake of holding elections (Bora Uchaguzi vs. Unchaguzi bora).  This is why we need dialogue before the elections so that we can extend time for the elections and hold Uchaguzi bora later on.  Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

What do you mean? I am myself of course. My view is that any reforms should be done for posterity. Elections need to be done by the IEBC as ordered by the supreme court. If Raila or Akombe or Chebukati or even Njoki quits - that is their choice and history will judge them.

Sometime in July - as NASA supporters - we laughed off Pundit here during Kiai ruling when Chebukati was reminded by the judges that he is not the commission. Well, that objective holds now and he can resign if he is undemocratic and cannot be overruled by the majority.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
I do not even think that is Robina anymore unless she is playing games in which case there is really no need engaging with her.

But you are saying the court tossed out a victory, when they are saying there was no evidence of such a victory.  If you are all for institutions to do their work unhindered, why are you giving weight to the jubilant's discredited claims? 

Now the jubilant wants to kill the court for doing its work.  NASA wants IEBC to reform because it failed its work.  We don't know what went wrong with transmission on that material day, yet IEBC wants to assure us it wont happen again.  In this narrow scenario alone, there is no way I would sympathize with jubilant intentions, even if I recognize NASA's political angle.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »

I am not neutral, just objective. If we were neutral there would be no debates - no politics - no ideas, no development. I am an avid debater.

I think the SCORK ruling was wrong. No I don't think the justices, registrar, etc should be kicked out - especially because the accusations of impropriety are from the bitter loser. I absolutely don't agree with the "probe" by EACC/DPP - which I think will be quashed by a court order as an illegal witch-hunt.

I am for institutions yes. IEBC should carry out its reforms by itself - because the competitors are biased as expected. They should not be told by NASA or Jubilee or the Aukots what to do. Their job is not to be please the parties, just to serve Kenya by following the law. Why do you want me to support NASA's demands? The commissioners should decide by themselves how and what to reform.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »
This is the opinion of 2 out of 7 commissioners. They should hold a vote on this and the majority opinion is the official position. This a basic principle of democracy.

That's exactly what I mean by saying that you do not make sense anymore.  1) the elections have to meet the Maraga standards and that cannot be done in 9 days.  Why then, would IEBC hold elections that are going to be nullified just for the sake of holding elections (Bora Uchaguzi vs. Unchaguzi bora).  This is why we need dialogue before the elections so that we can extend time for the elections and hold Uchaguzi bora later on.  Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2017, 01:31:35 AM »
He has no confidence of other comissioners and need to ship his nasa behind out.nobody should hold the country at ransom.