Author Topic: Dejection in NASA after yesterday's statement  (Read 7548 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Dejection in NASA after yesterday's statement
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:00:22 PM »
I'm seeing this all over my social media feeds. They seem to have been expecting something very radical yesterday...which is funny, because I think what was declared was pretty radical. But that's just my interpretation. I wish Kichwa or Omollo could provide more insider info.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Dejection in NASA after yesterday's statement
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
I'm seeing this all over my social media feeds. They seem to have been expecting something very radical yesterday...which is funny, because I think what was declared was pretty radical. But that's just my interpretation. I wish Kichwa or Omollo could provide more insider info.
NASA supporters were expecting an explosive dossier Rao supposedly had.

The bombshell fizzled and turned into hot air which just warmed up the earth's temperature a bit more. [emoji53]

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:25:50 PM »

The bombshell fizzled and turned into hot air which just warmed up the earth's temperature a bit more. [emoji53]
I see how that was disappointing but it's something more, they seem to have expected something calling for some radical action.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »
You people need to open your brains and think outside the box - 20yrs down the road.
This is not about NASA rather obeying the law.
Kenya needs to be a country of laws rather than of men and women. Otherwise expect poverty to skyrocket in the next 20yrs.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »
You people need to open your brains and think outside the box - 20yrs down the road.
This is not about NASA rather obeying the law.
Kenya needs to be a country of laws rather than of men and women. Otherwise expect poverty to skyrocket in the next 20yrs.
:o :o :o Which people?

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »

I see how that was disappointing but it's something more, they seem to have expected something calling for some radical action.
The "dossier" was to be the spark. It fizzled.

If Rao was more careful on who he allowed listened to, he'd most likely be PORK by now. How I would have wanted to see Jubilee sent home after one term.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »

If Rao was more careful on who he allowed listened to, he'd most likely be PORK by now. How I would have wanted to see Jubilee sent home after one term.
You have serious bile against RAO, just saying. :D

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

You have serious bile against RAO, just saying. :D
Not as much as I have for Ruto. [emoji23]

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
I understand people frustration especially those looking for a quick fix or jubilee demise overnight. That was jubilee plan too, steal election, beat and maim Nasa supporters to submission within a week max then rule through fear. NASA has been smart to avoid head to head face off and opt for war of attrition which is jubilee nightmare....the longer the standoff prolong the harder and more difficult it becomes for jubilee to govern. My biggest fear is the longer the struggle prolong some people will become disillusioned and start taking law into their own hands and start sabotaging national infrastructure. Kalenjins think they can choke supply to western Kenya but so can the Kambas and coast region....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:10 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 12:19:44 AM »

None will be surprised by NASA's direct or proxy petition. Chebukati may be naive but the demonised lot at the IEBC is not. Nkatha, Chiloba, et al are on high alert. A second annulment would hopelessly damn their reputations; A victory would vindicate them.

Raila is very Marchiavellian: This is sleight of hand. A battle including Akombe's affidavit should be anticipated.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »
current political map

925238478589317120[/tweet]] [/url]

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:46 AM »
Hi patel. That's good propaganda. Is Mr Nyakundi a blogger for hire like Robert Alai or totally principled?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:57 AM »
Hi Robina, I thought you were all about data driven decision making, most bloggers in Kenya starts off with good intentions of transforming
the society until when the government or state agents compromise them. Its not for me to judge who is principled or who is not( focus on the message) because at the end of the day majority are
young people trying to eke out a living in a dangerous, militia country.

Hi patel. That's good propaganda. Is Mr Nyakundi a blogger for hire like Robert Alai or totally principled?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 01:28:51 AM »
Okay. Secession is possible but pricy. But I meant the map is fake if it's about the recent voting pattern. bryan I think had a more accurate one in a separate thread.

Hi Robina, I thought you were all about data driven decision making, most bloggers in Kenya starts off with good intentions of transforming
the society until when the government or state agents compromise them. Its not for me to judge who is principled or who is not( focus on the message) because at the end of the day majority are
young people trying to eke out a living in a dangerous, militia country.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 06:04:48 AM »

Indeed a very radical idea. It started with the boycott when people realized that there are more than one way to skin this cat.  People are just starting to realize that there are other more effective ways of fighting this monster than through the traditional means. This is going to change everything including our opponents because they are not used to things that they cannot control.  The silence you noticed is because either side do not know how to deal with this except the leaders in NASA.  This is what leadership and  "thinking outside the box is all about.  It is already bearing fruits even before it takes off because our opponents do not know how to fight it.  NASA went silent, and quiet because it finally found a way that our opponents cannot do anything about.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 08:15:50 AM »
current political map

925238478589317120[/tweet]] [/url]
Nyakundi thrives on controversy. But I digress.

Secession as propagated is really a downright stupid idea. In truth, while it may stoke the egos of Rao and his henchmen by making him (finally) a president, it still wouldn't solve the fundamental leadership failures Kenya as a whole has been going through.

Without a viable and workable economic plan, which NASA didn't even have going into the 8.8 elections, the new republic would quickly break down into infighting among the remaining tribes, subtribes, and clans for the little itty bitty available resources which will remain. In other words, the new republic would be a carbon copy of the old republic.

As a short-term measure, an outlet for rage mixed with a healthy dash of denial of reality, it sounds good, promising freedom from tyranny and, yet again, promising equitable distribution of resources. For the long-term, it's stupidity perfected. But then again, our politicians have never been known for their intellectual prowess. Why start now?

It'd would be like watching "Gangs of New York", without the charm of Daniel Day-Lewis.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
current political map

Secession as propagated is really a downright stupid idea. In truth, while it may stoke the egos of Rao and his henchmen by making him (finally) a president, it still wouldn't solve the fundamental leadership failures Kenya as a whole has been going through.

Without a viable and workable economic plan, which NASA didn't even have going into the 8.8 elections, the new republic would quickly break down into infighting among the remaining tribes, subtribes, and clans for the little itty bitty available resources which will remain. In other words, the new republic would be a carbon copy of the old republic.

As a short-term measure, an outlet for rage mixed with a healthy dash of denial of reality, it sounds good, promising freedom from tyranny and, yet again, promising equitable distribution of resources. For the long-term, it's stupidity perfected. But then again, our politicians have never been known for their intellectual prowess. Why start now?

It'd would be like watching "Gangs of New York", without the charm of Daniel Day-Lewis.
It's certainly a gamble. Just as the newly independent Kenya and many other African states were at some point, as was the first EA Community that was to give us an East African federation before its spectacular failure thanks in part to Jomo's selfishness etc. Did you know, ever since independence, Africans had the goal of creating a continental political union? Had these succeeded, tribalism in African politics would never have become as big a problem as it has been since. Alas!

Anyway, a ping pong game between Kikuyu and Kalenjin elites while other tribes continue to fill with rage is not sustainable in this country of ethnic identities. It is in fact callous, grossly irresponsible. Just ask the Balkans of the 1990s. These things do matter, however politically incorrect it is to say so and are the reason we can't get to tackling the other issues that we would all easily agree on were it not for this one issue. Moi must be commended for not damaging ethnic relations as has been done progressively in the last 15 years. I remember people hating the government and KANU to the high heavens when he left, but I don't remember anyone having beef with Kalenjins per se. He was a tribalist in ways and at times when it was sustainable. The man knew how to read the times.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »

It's neither denial nor therapy. I see strategy. The best way to keep a cohesive followership is through shared grievance. Mr William Ruto is very mad about it but is powerless to stop it. His Kikuyu partners are a beneficiary.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »

It's neither denial nor therapy. I see strategy. The best way to keep a cohesive followership is through shared grievance. Mr William Ruto is very mad about it but is powerless to stop it. His Kikuyu partners are a beneficiary.
[emoji848]

Worth a thought...