Author Topic: Iranian spring  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Iranian spring
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »
whether it is tribalism or racism they have to be resisted at all times. The fight over any form of evil must continue without abetment at all times. The good wins in the end. In this battle, time is immaterial.

Kichwa I think the US/western Left vs Right politics is an exact Jubilee vs NASA redux where each claims the other is tribal. Looking at the Russiagate shenanigans - the allegations of collusion - the unprofessionalism. The politicization of the justice system makes the US a banana republic. I used to read about Chinese executions with horror but am not so sure any more about the US. Justice depends on your party.

I do see strong similarities between Trump supporters and the jubilated faction in Kenya.  And yes,  el Trumpo is working hard to upend the architecture of the US justice system.  Only Mueller and a disinterested Republican Congress stands in his way.

But a more worrying danger is North Korea.  The US and NK are now both in the hands of certified lunatics.

YAP!! n Kenya we have tribalism, while in USA its racism. rump tapped into these crowd while many right minded people were sleeping. Rightly so he will be unable to maintain the momentum and is losing heavily. In Kenya, many people go tribal.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
Kichwa I think the US/western Left vs Right politics is an exact Jubilee vs NASA redux where each claims the other is tribal. Looking at the Russiagate shenanigans - the allegations of collusion - the unprofessionalism. The politicization of the justice system makes the US a banana republic. I used to read about Chinese executions with horror but am not so sure any more about the US. Justice depends on your party.

I do see strong similarities between Trump supporters and the jubilated faction in Kenya.  And yes,  el Trumpo is working hard to upend the architecture of the US justice system.  Only Mueller and a disinterested Republican Congress stands in his way.

But a more worrying danger is North Korea.  The US and NK are now both in the hands of certified lunatics.
I agree with everything you say, Kichwa, except the inclusion of the media in that list. American main stream media is about the most one-sided biased faction as you can get out there. Everyone knows this about Fox news and conservative radio but it always surprises me how Democrats seem oblivious to the blatant biases and even extremes of their go-to CNNs and MSNBCs.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »
Exactly Kadame. Everyone's with the angels but the other side is evil, corrupt, etc.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »
Exactly Kadame. Everyone's with the angels but the other side is evil, corrupt, etc.

I think CNN is neutral.  MSNBC is mostly left leaning.  Fox News exists in a universe all its own.  For some reason their local affiliates do not seem to indulge in the same make believe world.

Personally, I don't care so much for "balance" as factual information.  If it's unfavorable to one side, I am fine with it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »

I think CNN is neutral.  MSNBC is mostly left leaning.  Fox News exists in a universe all its own.  For some reason their local affiliates do not seem to indulge in the same make believe world.

Personally, I don't care so much for "balance" as factual information.  If it's unfavorable to one side, I am fine with it.

Fox is hideous and even openly hostile to unfriendly views of their own guests. CNN packages facts to fit their narrative. I wonder who's worse. For news I sample the networks with a pinch of salt -- local and international.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 03:24:44 AM »
Termi, CNN is not neutral. It hasnt been for a long time now. It is pro Democrat and unapologetically so. Theey had to be once Fox started beating everyone at the ratings due to their promotion of superstar anchors pulling audiences over drab news. These anchors get super by pandering to specific audiences.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 03:27:19 AM »

Fox is hideous and even openly hostile to unfriendly views of their own guests. CNN packages facts to fit their narrative. I wonder who's worse. For news I sample the networks with a pinch of salt -- local and international.
Fox does not pretend to be neutral. The thing about Leftist media is they still pretend to be neutral when they dumped that Train about 10 years ago.

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »

Fox does not pretend to be neutral. The thing about Leftist media is they still pretend to be neutral when they dumped that Train about 10 years ago.

Actually they do.  Their mantra is fair and balanced
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »
I believe the way people consume political media has changed.  The need to debate and win a political argument or win the other side over is no longer necessary or a desired goal.  Many liberals in the USA stopped consuming conservative media altogether and vice versa.  The same is coming to Kenya.  I remember not too long ago we would enjoy long debates between Jubiliots and Nasarites but when each side dug in, it became a waste of time.  These days each side have found like minded groups where they share ideas all day long and nobody cares anymore to rebut what the other side is saying because it does not matter anymore.

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:05 PM »
I believe the way people consume political media has changed.  The need to debate and win a political argument or win the other side over is no longer necessary or a desired goal.  Many liberals in the USA stopped consuming conservative media altogether and vice versa.  The same is coming to Kenya.  I remember not too long ago we would enjoy long debates between Jubiliots and Nasarites but when each side dug in, it became a waste of time.  These days each side have found like minded groups where they share ideas all day long and nobody cares anymore to rebut what the other side is saying because it does not matter anymore.

Self selection in action.  Reinforced by the ability to block, mute or otherwise ignore the undesirable side.  There is the risk of blocking out an important perspective.  Though in Kenya's situation, as you point out, it's generally pointless arguing with the other side.  There is nothing new.  Each side has established what it considers is the problem.  The positions are hardened.  All that remains is the execution of each side's goals.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »
Would be a real shame if the US were to stay on that course, though. They have a solid national narrative that creates a genuine feeling of nationhood. Kenya has failed to do that. Instead, we have a country called Kenya housing several nations, two at the very least. I hope the US can course correct and not allow the Right and Left to tear them apart.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 11:08:21 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/26/opinions/trumps-foreign-policy-successes-opinion-bergen/index.html

Fox is pure shiet, they went as far as calling Trump investigation a coup :o
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 11:32:14 PM »

That is because if the president of the United States were a single celled creature, something positive would be bound to happen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/26/opinions/trumps-foreign-policy-successes-opinion-bergen/index.html

Fox is pure shiet, they went as far as calling Trump investigation a coup :o

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »

That is because if the president of the United States were a single celled creature, something positive would be bound to happen.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
He is that bad but the US has very strong institutions and the country will survive him.