Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR Ya'll !!!  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
HAPPY NEW YEAR Ya'll !!!
« on: January 01, 2018, 02:19:10 AM »
May you have a healthy life.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR Ya'll !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:34:45 AM »
Happy 2018 dear Parkerpen :)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:05:02 PM »
Happy New Year.  The year I become vegetarian.  veri, Parker, any suggestions?  The options appear limited to bland foods, that kind of thing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »

Small world, I became a vegan on November 1, 2017.  I was avoiding the new year resolution traffic Jam. Its been great so far.

Happy New Year.  The year I become vegetarian.  veri, Parker, any suggestions?  The options appear limited to bland foods, that kind of thing.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

Small world, I became a vegan on November 1, 2017.  I was avoiding the new year resolution traffic Jam. Its been great so far.

Can you share a menu here?  Something more workable that mountains of salads and Brussel sprouts.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »

Can you share a menu here?  Something more workable that mountains of salads and Brussel sprouts.

Kichwa,
Join the club.
Windy,
one thing I will never eat is raw salad, unless i add vinegar onto it to kill any contamination due to handling.
Growing up Seventh Day Adventist gave me a head start. We were not strict vegetarians, but we rarely had meat.
IKEA sells excellent veggie balls - try them, or make your own. Throw them in a slow cooker in Marinara sauce and voila!!!
Prepare Mukimo and you wont be disappointed.
Sweet potatoes, pumpkins, and many other veggies are a great source of minerals.
There is so much you will be surprised.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:23:06 PM »
Could you guys explain to me what the attraction/motivation is? Health, ethics or just an issue of taste? I don't think a diet that lacks meat is ideal for human beings because people who do that end up needing all sorts of supplements at some point. Is it ethics (you're anti the idea of eating animals) or your taste buds just turned violently against meat?

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »
Could you guys explain to me what the attraction/motivation is? Health, ethics or just an issue of taste? I don't think a diet that lacks meat is ideal for human beings because people who do that end up needing all sorts of supplements at some point. Is it ethics (you're anti the idea of eating animals) or your taste buds just turned violently against meat?

Eating meat is crazy.  I have tried vegetarian for a few months, and it hit me.  The smell alone is off-putting(when you've been off it for a while).  Then your arteries and general health.  For me, it's just something I have planned to do to minimize the chances of certain types of death  :D

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »
I do not have time for anything that requires elaborate prep. I  eat a lot of easy to prep stuff mainly Starches and Vegies-potatoes, brown rice,  pasta, whole grains, steamed vegies of all kinds, salads, fruits (not too much). So far-plenty to eat. At the restaurant, they are very cooperative even when they do not have special menu. Lots of energy at the gym. The only supplement you really need is B-12.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 03:31:15 AM »

Eating meat is crazy.  I have tried vegetarian for a few months, and it hit me.  The smell alone is off-putting(when you've been off it for a while).  Then your arteries and general health.  For me, it's just something I have planned to do to minimize the chances of certain types of death  :D
Ngai. What type of death? Dont be scaring me now.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »

The usual heart disease, clogged arteries etc.  We all die.  The tragedy for me is dying of things you know how to avoid and can avoid.

I know someone close in their late thirties who nearly died last year from heart related manenos.  He led a normal life of regular exercise, but he loves his pound of flesh and lager.  And has the usual African habit of going to the doctor only when you are about to die.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:19:01 PM »

As in all areas of life, there are things within our control and those beyond our control.  We are responsible for those which are in our control.

The usual heart disease, clogged arteries etc.  We all die.  The tragedy for me is dying of things you know how to avoid and can avoid.

I know someone close in their late thirties who nearly died last year from heart related manenos.  He led a normal life of regular exercise, but he loves his pound of flesh and lager.  And has the usual African habit of going to the doctor only when you are about to die.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 09:46:45 AM »

Oh my goodness CONGRATS!!!

Yep plenty. Try mushrooms, potatoes baked etc. paleo bars, pasta dishes, eggs, sushi, tofu patties, i'll share with you vegie recipes as time goes.

Many congrats!

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »

Hmmm...maybe I'll give it a shot, just to see how I hold up.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »
Kadame, Just  do it.  Its the best thing you can do to yourself.

Hmmm...maybe I'll give it a shot, just to see how I hold up.