Author Topic: Hollyweed! President Oprah  (Read 1518 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Hollyweed! President Oprah
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/opinion/oprah-2020-president-globes.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Hollyweed! President Oprah
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:05 PM »
Michelle Obama would be a really nice way of rubbing it in on the Trumpistas.  Oprah is probably better than Trump, but likely just as incompetent in that office.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Considering white women abandoned Hillary, a black woman would face both misogyny and racism. Very big hurdles. I am no liberal but do yourselves a favor and pick a smooth, soft-spoken white male candidate.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »
Considering white women abandoned Hillary, a black woman would face both misogyny and racism. Very big hurdles. I am no liberal but do yourselves a favor and pick a smooth, soft-spoken white male candidate.

True women abandoned Killary but everyone loves Oprah, negroes,KKK, everyone
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »

Black people and Hollywood will vote Oprah... the white women will flee. Welcome to the world.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
Trump winning 46% women vote shows women have the decision made by their men or nobody can predict them politically.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »

True dat!

Robina, Killary and Oprah cannot be compared. Women have grown up listening to Oprah and loving her every day for decades. Killary was being shoved down women's throat with feminazi finger wagging (How can a woman vote for Trump? There's a special place in hell for any woman who doesnt vote for Hillary.....How often did you hear that bullying from SJWs and some Democrats?) I think Oprah would never do it. She has steadfastly refused it. But if there was anyone ever who could steal Republican women's vote, it sure as hell is the big O.

Windy, Michelle will get Democrats votes only. But why would she be better than Oprah? Neither has any actual experience in public office. Me? If I have a choice btw them, I'm going with Oprah. I feel like I know her better and trust her more.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »

Black people and Hollywood will vote Oprah... the white women will flee. Welcome to the world.
Oprahs fanatic fan base is white women though...ya never know!!!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »

True dat!

Robina, Killary and Oprah cannot be compared. Women have grown up listening to Oprah and loving her every day for decades. Killary was being shoved down women's throat with feminazi finger wagging (How can a woman vote for Trump? There's a special place in hell for any woman who doesnt vote for Hillary.....How often did you hear that bullying from SJWs and some Democrats?) I think Oprah would never do it. She has steadfastly refused it. But if there was anyone ever who could steal Republican women's vote, it sure as hell is the big O.

Windy, Michelle will get Democrats votes only. But why would she be better than Oprah? Neither has any actual experience in public office. Me? If I have a choice btw them, I'm going with Oprah. I feel like I know her better and trust her more.

Oprah is celebrity and can be umatched in showbiz; she can put on a splash.  But Michelle can reach the Obama base, which Hillary just could not excite enough and that was the difference - Trump did not get anything significantly more than Mitt Romney in 2012. 

Michelle actually has public service experience outside being Obama's wife.  Before Obama emerged in the public sphere, she was the breadwinner.  Oprah will be handicapped by the performance of the current occupant who has done no justice to the celebrity image. 

The white women will vote Republican until a certain generation dies out.  I know people who voted Trump who cannot stand him. 

Still, we can celebrate the idea that we can be talking of potential black female Presidents without sounding like we are out of touch.  A decade ago this would have been in the realm of fantasy.

https://womenintheworld.com/2015/04/14/an-inside-look-at-michelle-obamas-life-before-the-white-house/
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 07:40:14 PM »
True dat!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:17:31 PM »
That's what I mean vooke - politics is little about likability or the Trumps would never make it. Look at the people taking over the world - the vitriolic far right - it's pure bread and butter. Oprah is so loved because she holds pep talks on lifestyle, home-making, fashion, business, etc. As soon as she takes a stand on the issues - taxes, trade, jobs, immigration, climate change, coal, fracking, Iran - the ratings will automatically crumble from 90 to 50%.

That's the start. Then you have race and gender. God help her should a misdemeanor crop up - a past tax evasion - and she's on her way into politics from celebrity.

Her best advantage is Trump. As in 4 years of a Republican presidency. Hillary's real undoing was coming after Obama, a liberal. The pendulum swings Right-Left-R - I wish it was 2024 because then people will be fed up with conservatives. Statistically it's tougher to unseat an incumbent.

I love Oprah too and wish her the best.