Author Topic: Negative energy prices in Germany  (Read 1436 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Negative energy prices in Germany
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:38:15 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/25/business/energy-environment/germany-electricity-negative-prices.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Negative energy prices in Germany
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:44:41 PM »
It seems it has something to do with efficiency and how it is produced and stored.  Still interesting.  Europeans are serious about green things.  America, not so much.  There is still a large segment of the population that is almost anti-progress.  Anti-science.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
Impressive. Advances in energy storage especially batteries will solve the green energy weather problem. In a very short time. Ideally modern homes and factories should be self-sufficient by generating and storing power.

How's Zamunda doing in clean energy? The Far East - Greater China and Japan - are ahead of the EU and US.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:45:47 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
Such a shame that countries in the tropics such as Kenya have the highest cost of power and suffers black outs
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
That is very true. Under investment; poverty;
Such a shame that countries in the tropics such as Kenya have the highest cost of power and suffers black outs

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
I don't trust this storyline. Germany depends 40% on coal while the remainder is mainly supplied from nuclear.

Again German companies are major suppliers of so-called green energy eg. Siemens that make turbines and electrical gear. So it could be gimmicks to skyrocket sells of Germany equipment.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »
I don't trust this storyline. Germany depends 40% on coal while the remainder is mainly supplied from nuclear.

Again German companies are major suppliers of so-called green energy eg. Siemens that make turbines and electrical gear. So it could be gimmicks to skyrocket sells of Germany equipment.

This is true and not just in Germany. Solar-powered homes supply excess power into the grid and get paid for it. Germany and most countries are promoting clean energy through heavy subsidies on anything green - solar panels, batteries, EVs. Germany aims to wind up coal and nuclear power by 2022. Of course they cannot beat China which is state-run economy while they rely on the private sector.