Author Topic: Converted - Starting to invest in CryptoCurrencies  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Converted - Starting to invest in CryptoCurrencies
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
Feedback from my interactions with those into it in Nairobi. First there are what they are calling tokens which is what most late entries are being led into. This requires time investment just like online forex trading. These token creators are offering mainly funny services so those who buy they services buy through such token similar to what telegram is trying. Then you track which trash coin is expected to rise in next few hours, days, months, years and decades. Which markets is it trading in- you avoid such as Yobit run by Russians. Then long winding process of converting to bitcoin.

The real coins train has left the station. Very few can afford the bitcoin and ethereum in volumes that would make speculation sense unless likes of Ruto and Sonko looking for ways to hide stolen loot. The fact that the amount owned by Kenyans is known makes one wonder how anonymous this blockchain is in Africa where a few calls can unveil all covers of who an ICC witness in a safe house is.

Verdict: Only trainers and consultants are assured of sleeping like babies. With likes of Mucheru indicating they reaped from Bitcoin the trainers and consultants will be having a boom year. Once I overcome my silly moral convictions I could be joining this gravy train.

The best thing to do is research all by yourself. Do not listen to folks, especially those in Kenya.  Always remember that little knowledge is deadly.

Right now is probably a good place to enter.  The entire market has lost more than 50% of it's value over the last 48 hours.  It's a bloodbath.  I have utilised it to increase my portfolio and expand it's footprint.  Hopefully over the next few days/weeks the market will recover and move forward fast.

I hear there are many waiting to join the exchanges.

All the best.

This!

Very good advice, especially not listening to other folks.

I've also being doing the same, snapping up cheap coins and building up my portfolio.

On Mucheru, don't forget he was an early investor in Bitpesa at a time when BTC was worth peanuts.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
It's been a tough few days in the markets... wololo.  Hopefully fellow crypto fellas and girls are ok.  Things will ease up.  This is the slow down before the rocket launches.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 02:55:59 AM »
Central Bank warns investors against Bitcoin
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001267065/bitcoin-is-a-bubble-avoid-it-warns-central-bank-of-kenya

I guess Parkerpen and Pastor vooke are the big investors.

Sh163.3 billion in this cryptocurrency. Such money is enough to run the ministry of Health for about three financial years.

Citi survey estimates that the largest bitcoin holdings as a percentage of GDP are in Russia (five per cent), New Zealand and Nigeria (four per cent each). In Africa, South Africa tops followed by Kenya.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »
163b kshs invested in some algorithm - iko chida.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 01:25:30 PM »
The looted monies in Africa has just found a new global home
Seems iLab and Bitanges are offering consultancy to the mighty.
Today they had a breakfast meeting at Strathmore

https://ilabafricastrathmore.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/the-age-of-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-blockchain-25th-january-2018/
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
$530 Million Lost in Cryptocurrency Exchange Hack
http://time.com/money/5121955/nem-coincheck-hack/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
Line - top chat app in Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia - goes crypto. Telegram and Facebook have already announced crypto strategies.

Chat app Line announces plan for cryptocurrency services, loans and insurance
https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/line-cryptocurrency-insurance-and-loans/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 12:38:30 AM »
Big kahunas betting on the blockchain --

Beyond Crypto: Blockchain Applications Deliver Enterprise Solutions
https://www.toptal.com/insights/innovation/blockchain-applications-create-enterprise-solutions

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 07:10:30 AM »
There you are Robina. They are jumping ship while you are trying to promote the cryptos
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-02/bofa-to-decline-all-cryptocurrency-transactions-on-credit-cards

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
Whatever value may be had in blockchain, cryptocoins appear doomed
As of today, BTC is 717% higher from 1yr ago, -53% from a month ago,-30% from a week ago,and -13% from 24hrs ago. Early investors have every incentive to keep on selling the mirage to new money
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 05:10:32 PM »
Where's Robina???

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 03:26:51 AM »