Author Topic: How long does it take to form a government  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
How long does it take to form a government
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »
How incompetent and indecisive can this useless drunkard and a thief for a president be.  They cannot even pick a cabinet. Lets hear pundit spin this one.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: How long does it take to form a government
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:02:57 AM »
We are likely stuck with a political cabinet - bad news. Personally I prefer Matiang'i kind of performers - and fewer useless Wamalwas.

In Germany they are yet to decide the parties to form the government - let alone the chancellor, ministers and other officials - 3 months after the elections.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:16:43 AM »
the only time we had a functional govt was during Kibakis time. many of those people delivered. there was not as much political interference. so get used to dysfunction - we are trying to beat Nigeria.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:48:27 AM »
Good spin, except its like comparing apples and oranges.

We are likely stuck with a political cabinet - bad news. Personally I prefer Matiang'i kind of performers - and fewer useless Wamalwas.

In Germany they are yet to decide the parties to form the government - let alone the chancellor, ministers and other officials - 3 months after the elections.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 05:08:49 AM »
the only time we had a functional govt was during Kibakis time. many of those people delivered. there was not as much political interference. so get used to dysfunction - we are trying to beat Nigeria.

Kibaki's "magic" was picking after Moi's exemplary incompetence with the Lotodos. Education sector has improved and I would like to see the broom clean up the stench in the campuses. There must be alot of cheating there especially with the flood of MBAs. And the 3rd floor colleges MOON Ki derides. That's not education - it's a scam.

I think PORK as CEO needs to be a very good talent scout. Such caliber in key ministries and that's your performing government. Hakuna uganga.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:15:49 AM »
I am not aware of any  vacany in gov. The cabinet is intact.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »
Of course, you have a "see no evil, hear no evil" policy towards ouruto. The days of your liberation will come.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »
I don't see the hurry in forming a new cabinet - this is uhuru 2.0 - and I expect him to retain most of cabinet - together as team Jubilee got thumbs up from kenya. They should retain at least more than half. The political loosers angling for seats - should sit it out for sometime - so they can be humble to service in cabinet - and detoxify politics.
Of course, you have a "see no evil, hear no evil" policy towards ouruto. The days of your liberation will come.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
I don't see the hurry in forming a new cabinet - this is uhuru 2.0 - and I expect him to retain most of cabinet - together as team Jubilee got thumbs up from kenya. They should retain at least more than half. The political loosers angling for seats - should sit it out for sometime - so they can be humble to service in cabinet - and detoxify politics.

You mean guys like Ken Lusaka and Kinuthia Mbugua  :D :D :D

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 09:52:58 PM »

That's the spin. The reality is that he cannot form a cabinet without blowing up the delicate jubilee coalition. He has too many interests to juggle and he do not know what to do. He is a drunkard, coward, indecisive and not very smart. The Ruto/Gideon rivalry alone is enough to tear jubilee apart if not handled with care.  Ati he is talking his time. You wish. He is a man between a hard stone and a rock.  He is probably waiting for Raila to be sworn in so that he can use that to unify jubilee but even that will only be temporary because sh..t is going to go down soon.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 03:19:30 PM »

Quite.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
And how long does it take to get sworn in :)

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

Depends on whether you are an electoral fraudster or not.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
If you steal an election you would want to do it right away. A good example is Kibaki in 2007, the swearing in was literally done minutes after Kiviutu was forced to declare him as the "winner".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 06:28:38 PM »
If you lose an election you wouldn't want to do it right away. A good example is Raila in 2017, the swearing in has literally dragged on forever after Chebukati & Magara was in their own will declared UhuRuto as duly elected. The thing with UhuRuto is either have veto on any candidate so I can imagine it taking long - coz once it done - there won't be complains and you wouldn't appointed who. Kenya is luckly to led by dynamic duo at this moment.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Kichwa is deflecting from the Raila & Kalonzo swearing. How long has it taken?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 01:48:06 AM »
If you lose an election you wouldn't want to do it right away. A good example is Raila in 2017, the swearing in has literally dragged on forever after Chebukati & Magara was in their own will declared UhuRuto as duly elected. The thing with UhuRuto is either have veto on any candidate so I can imagine it taking long - coz once it done - there won't be complains and you wouldn't appointed who. Kenya is luckly to led by dynamic duo at this moment.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 05:06:59 AM »
Robina, You have been reduced to parroting jubilee spin master, pundito. Railonzo  swearing in is set for January 30th.  They have all the time the need.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
Going by the heading of this thread that's a real joke. A whole 3 or 4 months since they were "robbed". The hints of "government in exile" point to cowardice. Supporters are invited to multiple far-flung venues..?? Expect a postpone for the upteenth time  :)

Robina, You have been reduced to parroting jubilee spin master, pundito. Railonzo  swearing in is set for January 30th.  They have all the time the need.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
Robina, this is a silly debate only brought about by Pundit trying to spin/avoid/mask the  collosal failure of Ouruto to even form a government in a country where he supposedly control the legislature, the judiciary and the executive. Ouruto are failures by any modest international standards unless you are a rabid kalenjin/kikuyu tribalists who cannot see beyond kalenjinism or kikuyuism. When did the time the opposition took to swear in become an issue for debate. Raila will be sworn in when they are ready because they are not running any government and do not have deadlines.  Stop parroting pundit blindly. You can support jubilee but you do not have to go to the gutter with them. 

Going by the heading of this thread that's a real joke. A whole 3 or 4 months since they were "robbed". The hints of "government in exile" point to cowardice. Supporters are invited to multiple far-flung venues..?? Expect a postpone for the upteenth time  :)