Author Topic: Apocalyptic California  (Read 758 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Apocalyptic California
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:14:54 AM »
From Earthquakes,wildfires to mudslides

If you're a wannabe prophet,and you wish to cut your teeth fast,start with Californ-I-A as Dre called it. That's a safe,nigh-sure bet

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/us/montecito-mudslides-california.html
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Apocalyptic California
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »
The Americas in general.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes etc.  There is a reason these parts were sparsely settled.  Conversely Africa is a relatively safe place other than Malaria.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »
I know right? pristine weather etc. maybe because it's smack bang in the middle of the equator and also lacks the pollution necessary for wild weather.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
California is the wild west pure desert only masked by the affluence. The mojave is a full stretch north to south. If you venture a long route 99 trip you'll encounter all kinds of desert flora & fauna -

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527