Author Topic: Tech bubble burst is nigh  (Read 14379 times)

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Tech bubble burst is nigh
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
Is bitcoin full speed in Kenya? I am getting a lot of queries about it. I am just telling folks it smells like a pyramid and i haven't cared enough to look at the details
Deutsche Bank, among very many, are taking it seriously:

http://www.businessinsider.com/deutsche-bank-end-of-fiat-money-2017-11?r=UK&IR=T

Fiat currency is a scam.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
CBK warned Kenyans about cybercurrency sometime back. I doubt this has changed. So there would be no serious exchanges. IBM Kenya is presently hiring cybercurrency researchers. It'll pick up with time. I know a miner in Nairobi - the Andela dude.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
CBK warned Kenyans about cybercurrency sometime back. I doubt this has changed. So there would be no serious exchanges. IBM Kenya is presently hiring cybercurrency researchers. It'll pick up with time. I know a miner in Nairobi - the Andela dude.
Oh, we're very many in Kenya who ignored the CBK. [emoji846]
Look up the monthly Kenyan volumes on Localbitcoins.com.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »
Driverless shuttle in Las Vegas gets in fender bender within an hour
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/08/driverless-shuttle-in-las-vegas-gets-in-fender-bender-within-an-hour/

The comments are hilarious.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »
Snap chat rakes in 207M revenues from 210M Cost of revenues

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1564408/000156459017022258/snap-ex991_6.htm
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/08/driverless-shuttle-in-las-vegas-gets-in-fender-bender-within-an-hour/

It was hit by a truck because it was stationary and could not take evasive action.  That seems like an elementary oversight.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 06:15:48 PM »

It was hit by a truck because it was stationary and could not take evasive action.  That seems like an elementary oversight.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:38 PM »

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1564408/000156459017022258/snap-ex991_6.htm

It's worth $15B - 50% over Safaricom - and has 180m daily active users. The prospects are good as a camera company. Especially in VR.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 06:29:12 PM »
Buy yourself bitcoins and you'll be OK.
You'll be OK when it sinks.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

It's worth $15B - 50% over Safaricom - and has 180m daily active users. The prospects are good as a camera company. Especially in VR.

Specs are epic failure.
From the financials;

Confirming this mushene
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/23/16523568/snap-spectacles-unsold-units-hundreds-thousands-report
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »

Specs are epic failure.
From the financials;

Confirming this mushene
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/23/16523568/snap-spectacles-unsold-units-hundreds-thousands-report

Snaptacles were a silly idea seeing the way Google Glass fared. Despite all the subliminal marketing. The scifi series Intelligence was a Glass ploy. The Watch seems to be doing okay.

VR and AR will explode soon. Snapchat has the edge here - especially in the kids market - a key segment.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:54 AM »
I'm the one that sneered. Here we go again.. Elon oh Elon! He is the quintessential unicorn. I'd be asking when that delusion bubble is gonna burst.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:35 AM »
I'm the one that sneered. Here we go again.. Elon oh Elon! He is the quintessential unicorn. I'd be asking when that delusion bubble is gonna burst.

Ohh veri. AI and space are the future. Elon's on the right track. Do you know his new company Neuralink is creating brain chips - a human computer interface.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2017, 10:06:58 AM »
What exactly will that be? Painted chips? When Edison invented electricity it changed the world, when the atomic bomb was finally patented after numerous scientists came together it changed the world. Do you honestly believe Elon Musk is all that?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
What exactly will that be? Painted chips? When Edison invented electricity it changed the world, when the atomic bomb was finally patented after numerous scientists came together it changed the world. Do you honestly believe Elon Musk is all that?

Yes veri, I believe Elon Musk is revolutionary. Most modern entrepreneurs just make a small empire for themselves. The Zuckerbergs. Elon is all about longterm impact. Someone who wants to make the human species space-faring and multi-planetary. And to transition the world to sustainable energy. I find that revolutionary, especially because there is visible, rapid progress towards those goals, in SpaceX and those Gigafactories.

Now you can say he could be fighting poverty or disease in Africa as nobler goals. Others are doing that and he's not conceited to know everything.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »
the only difference between him and a dreamer is the fact he has money. Everyone dreams. Name me one achievement he's done for humanity aside from his concept cars.

Robina, have you been to a car show? Each year for the last 50? years they have concept cars and I've been to a few and have witnessed dime a dozen concept cars that'll put Elon to shame. Movers and shakers lay low but know where to flaunt it. Doesn't just stop with cars, rocket concepts, architectural concepts, pretty much everything Elon preaches about has had some proof-of-concept about it 30 years ago. Elon markets things like some unicorn on steroids for comic books on a grander scale and it's so unfortunate intelligent folks like yourself have fallen for it like some unicorn cult.

Jesus is revolutionary but what would Jesus do today but moreso what did Jesus invent? I think you're projecting this Messiah complex, pedestal mindset, cult reprieve on Elon. I know you have a thing for Jesus and I noticed you've sort of replaced your personality fit for a pedestal figure like Jesus to now Elon. I think the solution to this is just to bring Jesus back in your life.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Let me remind you Elon appeals to gangly white unicorns in their 40s. It's pretty scary. I should write a book about it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
This is obviously a dig at the goddess v__* and other naysayers

Bitcoin just passed $8,000

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/20/bitcoin-just-passed-8000/

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 02:34:26 PM »
Lordy Lord.

My dearest Robi, currencies come and go but gold is forever. If ever the world goes to war & the market crashes, I hope you keep a pot of gold stashed somewhere under the rainbow.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2017, 11:57:14 PM »