Author Topic: RIP Miguna Miguna  (Read 19074 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: RIP Miguna Miguna
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
A judge cannot change the constitution.  Whatever they do, they will fail. Its not up to them anymore.  This swearing in has really rattled them and they are doing things that even their supporters are finding difficult to support. That's downward spiral.

Here is the response from the horse's mouth

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »
A judge cannot change the constitution.  Whatever they do, they will fail. Its not up to them anymore.  This swearing in has really rattled them and they are doing things that even their supporters are finding difficult to support. That's downward spiral.

Here is the response from the horse's mouth

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:50 PM »
Baba hapendi ujinga

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 03:19:52 PM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2018, 05:08:52 AM »
?s=19

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:31 AM »
The negro has been left high and dry. Again!
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2018, 11:49:03 PM »
Lol. Miguna will come back and find folks have moved on... with former guerillas clamoring to join the government.

Miguna coming back on Monday, say lawyers
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2018/03/miguna-coming-back-monday-say-lawyers/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2018, 01:14:05 AM »
Lol. Miguna will come back and find folks have moved on... with former guerillas clamoring to join the government.

He lacks realpolitik.  He doesn't understand when he has run out of options.  Yep, people followed their marching orders and downed tools.  If Raila is right, he was cracking jokes with kamwana while this chap was sampling Kenya's jails for swearing him in.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2018, 04:07:05 PM »
Impasse over lawyer Miguna Miguna's return to Kenya persists at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi as his lawyer Cliff Ombeta says he will not fill citizenship forms issued by the Immigration department.

Mr Ombeta on Tuesday said his client would not apply for Kenyan citizenship afresh "because it would mean that Miguna will be agreeing that the government was right about his citizenship."

He called on the government to respect High Court order that allowed Dr Miguna back into Kenya after his illegal deportation to Canada.

"He should be allowed to enter Kenya on the strength of the court order," Mr Ombeta told journalists at JKIA.

He said inking the documents would mean that Dr Miguna agrees that the government was right from the start that he was illegally in Kenya.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Miguna-Miguna-refuses-to-sign-citizenship-papers-at-JKIA/1056-4359758-a5rr5yz/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »
Latest is that Miguna the drama queen just tore the papers brought by immigration to regularize his citizenship. 

I think he should be left to stay on the airport - as undocumented immigrant or well charter a plane and drop him back in Canada. Then put his name on Interpol watch list :) so he cannot fly anywhere again.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2018, 11:30:42 PM »
Impasse over lawyer Miguna Miguna's return to Kenya persists at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi as his lawyer Cliff Ombeta says he will not fill citizenship forms issued by the Immigration department.

Mr Ombeta on Tuesday said his client would not apply for Kenyan citizenship afresh "because it would mean that Miguna will be agreeing that the government was right about his citizenship."

He called on the government to respect High Court order that allowed Dr Miguna back into Kenya after his illegal deportation to Canada.

"He should be allowed to enter Kenya on the strength of the court order," Mr Ombeta told journalists at JKIA.

He said inking the documents would mean that Dr Miguna agrees that the government was right from the start that he was illegally in Kenya.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Miguna-Miguna-refuses-to-sign-citizenship-papers-at-JKIA/1056-4359758-a5rr5yz/index.html

Maraga courts need to start showing some teeth, or whatever is left of them.  They should go for individuals, not the institutions they lead.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2018, 01:29:45 AM »
GoK should just grant his wishes and give him back his passport, etc. He is irrelevant to the chess game being played in town. Even as a pawn.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:41 AM »
GoK should just grant his wishes and give him back his passport, etc. He is irrelevant to the chess game being played in town. Even as a pawn.
Uhuru is vindictive and hell bent to see him pay

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »

In so much as I don't like Miguna, that would be going against the law.

Let's start with his Kenyan passport which he acquired in 2009, under the watch of Kajwang. That was patently illegal as the old constitution did not recognize dual citizenship so Miguna automatically lost his Kenyan citzenship in 1998 when he applied for and got the Canadian one.

Here's the relevant section from the Kenyan High Commission in Canada, of the steps Miguna should have taken:

Anyway, using the falsely obtained passport and his ID which he never threw away, he ran for governor and amassed a staggering (for him) 10k votes (but that besides the point).

According to the 2010 constitution, Miguna can now reapply for his citizenship as the new constitution recognizes dual citizenship. But he has to reapply as stated in the constitution. So immigration kindly sent him the documents and, according to The Star newspaper, Raila implored him to sign the documents. He's refused to sign them and continued throwing a tantrum, insisting that he enter Kenya using his ID only. Emirates, which ferried him to Kenya, would have been in tons of trouble as he hid his Canadian passport which would have caused them to return him back to his point of origin, incurring hefty fees as per IATA regulations. I wouldn't be surprised if Emirates bans him from ever traveling with them again due to his stupidity.

This charade can only be blamed on Miguna seeking attention and relevance and nobody else.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
The drama queen is really enjoying it; Bundle him into a chartered flight and drop him back in Canada. It cheaper than allowing him to break the laws of international travel.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
The drama queen is really enjoying it; Bundle him into a chartered flight and drop him back in Canada. It cheaper than allowing him to break the laws of international travel.

Uncle Phil style.  :D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »
Babu has bigger demons to fly(pun)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
Woah they really know how to deal with Raila.
Babu has bigger demons to fly(pun)