Author Topic: Zuma refuses to resign - facing Mbeki's fate  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Zuma refuses to resign - facing Mbeki's fate
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »
Pundit,

Naija economy might not be as large as assumed, but it's up there in Africa - though maybe not RSA level.  Still the revenues are not a great metric to use in Naija's case.  I think you have to look at it in tandem with other metrics, e.g. the eye popping levels of looting(you can only loot what is there), tax evasion, how much of it is formal.  GDP might also be tied up in very few hands(vooke's billionaires among them).

Looks like ANC may have promised msholozi they will go easy on him. 

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 01:22:04 AM »
Gout, told you Zuma has no chance. In RSA the ruling party has the say. That is why Zuma wanted ti install his ex-wife. This way he would have saved himself from this embarassment.

Nothing different about Mwafrika politics. It is all about stealing and keeping the loot in the family, accumulating more. Murdering anybody who comes near. Zero philosophy/ideology. Zuma is the SA Jomo- am sure if NDZ doesn't have a chance, thuggish Edward will have a chance in 10-20 years.

RSA is not Kenya. Zuma is out and he will be in residing in Nkandla this year. Problem here is you are exporting your Kenyan mentality to RSA.

Apart from the fact that the margin was quite close despite male dominated ANC, am quite sure Zuma hasn't given up on NDZ. Any signs that Ramaphosa can't be trusted by the Zumas will mean a vicious fight to destroy Ramaphosa giving NDZ a second chance.

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 04:30:20 AM »
On the contrary, they may not be going easy on him.  His son is a wanted man.  Maybe that is how you keep corruption under wraps.  Make it painful.
https://city-press.news24.com/News/hawks-now-looking-for-duduzane-zuma-20180214
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 06:23:24 AM »
This negro is unable to "agree" with the Party's prerogative despite his glaring baggage and the pending general elections. 10 years ago Mbeki bowed out rather gracefully yet he had no integrity questions. Zuma will soon appear before court as a raia. He may wind up in prison along with a son, wife and the Guptas.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
This negro is unable to "agree" with the Party's prerogative despite his glaring baggage and the pending general elections. 10 years ago Mbeki bowed out rather gracefully yet he had no integrity questions. Zuma will soon appear before court as a raia. He may wind up in prison along with a son, wife and the Guptas.

That got me thinking.  Could he become the first former South African President to make a run for exile?  There is no shortage of AU countries willing to welcome such characters.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:17 AM »

That got me thinking.  Could he become the first former South African President to make a run for exile?  There is no shortage of AU countries willing to welcome such characters.

African despots are on a short leash. Kabila, Bashir, Museveni, Biya - these won't last in power. Kabila is under siege. Ug has an active opposition. Bashir is wanted internationally. Zuma's better off in Zim. Personally I think he should just man up and face the music. This way he can 'posthumously' elevate RSA to South Korean league for accountability.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:53 AM »
Pundit,

Naija economy might not be as large as assumed, but it's up there in Africa - though maybe not RSA level.  Still the revenues are not a great metric to use in Naija's case.  I think you have to look at it in tandem with other metrics, e.g. the eye popping levels of looting(you can only loot what is there), tax evasion, how much of it is formal.  GDP might also be tied up in very few hands(vooke's billionaires among them).

Dave Cameron was caught on camera telling Queen Elizabeth that Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt" - along with Afghanistan. Buhari concurred  8)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
As long as he brings along the Gupta billions and his chubby wives, he is welcome in many African countries.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 11:31:19 AM »
Look like he is history..but RSA has to reach it's base(the average black south africa level who are the majority) before it stabilize. Zuma accelerate that decline but it will happen no doubt. Then they will start to rise again.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »
Zuma to be charged for corruption

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/South-Africa-ex-president-Jacob-Zuma-to-face-graft-prosecution/1066-4344706-sa0ery/index.html

He is naked and exposed.  Probably a correct move to nip it in the bud before it becomes a habit for future rulers if the worst that can happen is losing power.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
Zuma to be charged for corruption

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/South-Africa-ex-president-Jacob-Zuma-to-face-graft-prosecution/1066-4344706-sa0ery/index.html

He is naked and exposed.  Probably a correct move to nip it in the bud before it becomes a habit for future rulers if the worst that can happen is losing power.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.