Forum > Kenya Discussion

Look like SGR may still snakes it way to Kampala -

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kadudu:

--- Quote ---“All documents are ready. However, when we engaged the Chinese government, it was agreed they do support it, but we need to complete the feasibility study, not just for Naivasha to Kisumu but also all the way from Mombasa to Kisumu so that we can establish its commercial viability,” said the Transport CS James Macharia after the meeting with Chinese officials.
--- End quote ---

This was September last year and now 7 months later not heard anything about the feasibility studay or is it nuclear science to get one done?

patel:
Museveni high IQ compared to Gatundu drunkard. Museveni just know to well Uhuru has one 1 or 2 yrs at best to exercise full presidential power so he can pretty much tell him anything but not commit legally while he run out the clock.

Nefertiti:

--- Quote from: Kadudu on March 28, 2019, 05:39:21 PM ---
--- Quote ---“All documents are ready. However, when we engaged the Chinese government, it was agreed they do support it, but we need to complete the feasibility study, not just for Naivasha to Kisumu but also all the way from Mombasa to Kisumu so that we can establish its commercial viability,” said the Transport CS James Macharia after the meeting with Chinese officials.
--- End quote ---

This was September last year and now 7 months later not heard anything about the feasibility studay or is it nuclear science to get one done?

--- End quote ---

The SGR math don't add up otherwise they would all over for us to see. Why not upgrade the old rail?

RV Pundit:
From what I have heard - negotiation are nearly complete - the loan will be two part - concessional and commercial. I think China wants Uganda to sign on before committing. Museveni claimed there was some corruption in his gov part - and has been hesistant to sign.

I see this museveni visit as way to cajole him to sign.

And also of immediate concern is completion of 2A (Naivasha) - Kenya want Uganda cargo dropped at Naivasha - Uganda trucks will henceforth start from Naivasha.

--- Quote from: Kadudu on March 28, 2019, 05:39:21 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

RV Pundit:
I know you'd be happy if kenya sunk so you could finally make a point.  SGR is already all the way past Duka Moja - about 35kms from Narok now - and from there - there is really no old rail. So this will be greenfield - because it shorter and has flatter terrain.

I believe there is ongoing chinese led feasibility study of upgrading the old rail. We need lot more rails. I mean our total cargo is already 33m - this SGR at it best - can only ferry 20-35M tonnes (with aggresive double stacking). Now imagine 10 yrs from now - when we will have South African kind of CARGO - maybe 75M metric tonnes.

Let not think short term. We should be debating the feasibility of LAPSET - not the NORTHERN CORRIDOR - that has been feasible for 300yrs - if you ask the Arab Traders :)

Lapset is pretty risk and futuristic -- and we probably need to focus on minning and exploration in northern kenya - before we fully commit to build infrastructure accross a desert.

--- Quote from: Robina on March 28, 2019, 05:44:27 PM ---The SGR math don't add up otherwise they would all over for us to see. Why not upgrade the old rail?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version